News   Jul 15, 2024
 425     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 571     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 568     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
"I think the unfinished, uninviting look of Torch definitely played a role in its failing. Hopefully, the new tenant will have some sense and some pride."

This would be exciting then. The potential for video screens and such would be good for this use, and maybe they can rework the 'torch' into a juno award statuette or something.

Kudos to Metroman for his sleuthing too!!!

Did somebody say...

torch-mart.jpg

Agggh! I'm not sure what's more reviling - a Wal-Mart Supercenter or Rob Ford's mug on the building.

^LOL! Actually, to maximize the revolting factor you can alternate pics of Rob Ford with Stephen Harper for the full-on suburban effect.

With Sears on the other corner, all we are missing is a Winners!!

^ Funny you should say that, given the G.I. Joe pic on Torch. There used to be a Bargain Harold's at Keele and Finch when I was growing up, and they always seemed to have the hard-to-find figures you couldn't find anywhere else (except at the Consumers Distributing down the road at Wilson), such as Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow*, etc...

*geek* 8o

It would be nice if Torch would be redone as originally envisioned - rotating ad panels and all.

Just good old fashioned detective work.

1 - Canadian Music Hall of Fame has been removed as a tenant from Metropolis

2 - When asking PenEquity about moving my business to Torch after Olympic Spirit Centre, they said it already has a tenant

3 - Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences say they're working with PenEquity to move to Dundas Square in 2007.

You're assuming CARAS has raised money for a CMHoF.

Our Olympic Spirit Centre lasted for an even shorter period than Munich's! What city will be swept up in this scheme next? Maybe Manchester... they can charge $80 admission and have it go under in 6 months!

Looks like they're installing the same kind of window frames on Victoria Street that appear on Yonge Street. I guess that we're not getting a giant tool shed after all.

^ There was an old rendering floating around that seemed to depict 'some' windows on the back side with escalators or something like that.

Some windows are better then none, but the theatre portion of the backside may be torch like ugly, hopefully something is done artwise or worst case scenario some backlit advertising just to create an active facade.

Back