News   Jul 15, 2024
 305     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 530     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 632     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Especially if you're doing it right.

I've seen other pics of Metropolis, and the glass does not look as green/grey.

They've now erected a 3rd crane on the site - at its northern end. This is one heck of a complicated building to build.

09/19/06

THis baby's got back, check out that extra junk in the trunk:

dsc01590ae8.jpg

dsc01547bl3.jpg

dsc01573mt5.jpg

dsc01591af9.jpg

dsc01593mc0.jpg

dsc01596dq2.jpg

dsc01597df1.jpg

dsc01598aw1.jpg

dsc01600gg5.jpg

dsc01602hz9.jpg

dsc01606mz5.jpg

dsc01612mw8.jpg

dsc01622qx6.jpg

BA Centre

dsc01631sb7.jpg

dsc01635gi2.jpg

SP!RE

dsc01636na3.jpg

Thanks for the update.

Does anybody know if any new tenants have been added to Metropolis? I wonder if there has been more interest now that it's taking shape.

somewhat makes sense why it took so long to get off the ground - its massive - probably a lot bigger than anyone here expected

re: lost opportunity because of no tower

the thing is a tower!

I rather be rid of the stump or deal with future residents complaining about dundas square glare

Baby got back.

I think the massing's just right. Keep that glass comin'!

Thanks for the update.

Metropolis is actually looking decent... of course, I said that when Torch was being built and then the last few weeks of cladding showed how gross it would become.

I think the key will be in developing good looking ad frames and creative ads. The glass podium will be just that: a podium for all the ads.

Nonetheless, this thing is looking monstrous! Huge! The good thing is that the parking garage will be completely covered.

So...how long until the Eaton Centre takes it over? (grin)

AlmightyFuzzy, thanks for all the photo updates. My current "house arrest" has precluded me keeping up in person.

I am overall impressed with how Metropolis is turning out so far, the real devil is in the details. I remember sitting at the rooftop bar of the Torch (amazing view, by the way) and looking over to the building and seeing blue insulation sticking out around the windows. So while the windows on Metropolis are nice, I will breathe a sigh of relief when I see what they are going to do to that blue insulation around them.

Also, what do you figure are the odds that they will cheap out on those huge walls stretching over the parking garage on the West?

It is the back of Metrolpolis facing the Ryerson campus that scares me...

...and the side fronting Victoria street. Will they be removing a lane of the roadway to build up the sidewalk that's been built over? I thought for awhile that they'd be building a pedestrian arcade in its place but it doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe pedestrianising Victoria entirely??

I'm hearing the debate over the back is now over cost. If it goes the way PenEquity is leaning (and what their history suggests) expect a giant shed. Here's hoping this isn't true.

Back