News   Aug 13, 2024
 508     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 562     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
This is a travesty in the making, and the City and University should be up in arms.

they can't pedestrianize victoria, they need it open for traffic so as to allow access to the parking garage. actually, metropolis also precludes the pedestrianization of gould as well, since metropolis' loading docks are off that street

What's happening with the Canadian Hall of Fame? That's gone right? And what about the Torch? Is that dead?

^^ It seems that the Canadian Hall of Fame will be moving into Torch since the Olympic Spirit Centre will be closing.

^^^ What, seriously? Geez. Do you have a source on that one?

What, seriously? Geez. Do you have a source on that one?

Just good old fashioned detective work.

1 - Canadian Music Hall of Fame has been removed as a tenant from Metropolis

2 - When asking PenEquity about moving my business to Torch after Olympic Spirit Centre, they said it already has a tenant

3 - Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences say they're working with PenEquity to move to Dundas Square in 2007.

Unless the CMHoF gets a sweetheart of a deal on rent or it's heavily subsidized, I say it closes in less time than Olympic (De)Spirit.

2 - When asking PenEquity about moving my business to Torch after Olympic Spirit Centre, they said it already has a tenant

Did you actually want to move your business to Torch or were you just trying to get information out of them?

If that's the case maybe they'll revamp the exterier a little.

I think the unfinished, uninviting look of Torch definitely played a role in its failing. Hopefully, the new tenant will have some sense and some pride.

^
Someone should have the sense to re-open the Podium bar. With the right management, it could be a terrific hangout.

Did you actually want to move your business to Torch or were you just trying to get information out of them?

LoL. My business wouldn't require that kind of prime real estate. It's easy to get information when you claim to want to lease something from them. If you're from the media however, you're likely to get the finger.

I simply e-mailed Leger Xavier who's in charge of leasing PenEquity properties @ YDS. He promptly replied that the Torch already has a new tenant and that many companies had already inquired. He offered me room @ Metropolis though ... coincidentally, room on the Yonge St. side @ street level ... which was where the Musical Hall of Fame was going.

So I made an educated and researched guess that Music Hall of Fame is going to Torch, a perfect spot for it I think.

There's no risk of Walmart going anywhere near YDS... there's no 20 hectare parking lot to be found.

Don't be so sure about that. Metropolis has quite a bit of parking in it, more than enough to provide for a walmart, at any rate

Back