News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
That's going to quite a cool restaurant patio on top of the "nose."

there's already a lot more glass on the project than i was expecting. the entire yonge street facade is glass.

Well the more glass the better as I'm not expecting much from the cladding.

While the 'animated' sides of Metropolis on Yonge and Dundas, should be full of energy and things to look at, I'm very concerned about the sides and the back of the building that will face the Ryerson Campus.

I agree Mike. Before I get all excited about this building, I want to see the cladding and how the east and north elevations turn out (and I am very fearful).

i think that ryerson should take a good portion of the blame if the east and north sides turn out as brutual as most of us expect them to.

The decoration of the massive "blank" walls, that are almost certain to be looming over Ryerson along Victoria and Gould Streets, should be the subject of a design competition amongst Ryerson's architecture students and recent grads.

I wonder what will happen to the Ryerson part of the Gould and Victoria intersection? Will the Ryerson bookstore return there? Where is it now?

Its still there and open and does not appear to be heading anywhere.

they should have moved the bookstore to the Salad King building on Yonge (where Mr Hi Fi is) and then knocked down the parking garage and put underground parking in the two lowest levels of metropolis.
ryerson could have had the Yonge street address that they crave and would have been able to develop the ass end of metropolis to give students access from gould to the theatre/classrooms and the subway.
plus in this scenario, penequity would have had incentive to excavate and build at least to ground level so they could make some income from project - maybe it wouldn't have sat abandoned for so long.

(sorry for repeating myself but the planning for this whole project is just baffling)

It's amazing how fast that thing is going up. I was there about a week ago and it didn't have those beams built over the parking lot. I am looking foreward to the outdoor patios.

It's amazing how fast that thing is going up.

...which pretty much tops the list of things I never thought I'd hear said about Metropolis.

ESPN Zone would be a good idea. I remember when ESPN and CTV bought TSN, there was talk that there would be a gradual branding of TSN to become ESPN (Canada). This started with SportsDesk turning into SportsCentre, and the changing of the logo, but the name still hasn't changed yet! If it did, I'm sure it'd make more sense for ESPN Zone to open a restaurant...
That was the plan, but they decided that "TSN" was just too strong of a brand in Canada and that it didn't make sense to re-brand the channel "ESPN Canada." ESPN is only a majority shareholder (as that's all they can be by law), so I'm not sure you'll be seeing an ESPN Canada or an ESPN Zone anytime soon.

Still, why not a TSN Zone?

Pray

As big and prominant as this building is, if they mess this up with cheap, tacky materials, it is going to be a disaster of major proportions! This sucker is so in your face, you just can't avoid it. I like it so far, so I am praying it keeps looking good, even after it's finishing touches are put on. If Pen Equity messes this up, we are so screwed!:eek

Re: Pray

... fast indeed...

ghost.jpg

Back