News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Just because I feel like talking to myself some more, the display screen I mentioned above that was being put on the Atrium's south-side is a video screen and is up and running now. Not a terribly high-res screen though.

No, you have quite the audience.

It looks like the sign if for the Ontario Lottery Corp storefront.

"This week's jackpot is $5 million."

It's too bad Playdium's in such bad shape. I'm surprised the Square One location is still open.

ESPN Zone would be a good idea. I remember when ESPN and CTV bought TSN, there was talk that there would be a gradual branding of TSN to become ESPN (Canada). This started with SportsDesk turning into SportsCentre, and the changing of the logo, but the name still hasn't changed yet! If it did, I'm sure it'd make more sense for ESPN Zone to open a restaurant...

ive been in the espn zone in vegas(watched a leaf game on my gambling break)and i think it would fit in well at metropolis

"Great Idea... a TV station in the Olympic Spirit building would be amazing... I can already see a Canada AM/MuchMusic type environment looking out to Toronto's most 'urban' and exciting areas. "

Or better yet... Canada AM on the square. Broadcast live right in the middle of it all. Just think of the audience they would get. People who work in the area, students from Ryerson, and the people who live in the area.

21cv9sz.jpg

^ dont tell me, i already know... i suck at photoshop:\

I finally experienced the enormity of Metropolis this afternoon as I was walking out of the Sears store to Yonge Street. It is a *massive* structure and, if done right, truly will be our version of Ginza/Shibuya (on a smaller scale of course).

By the way, aside from this are any more mega-screens/neon signs planned for the area. Wasn't Bay and Dundas supposed to have a sceen/signage some years back? Will The Best Buyerson's campustore have any?

There are foundations that extend all the way to Gould. If they use them as they did mid-block along Victoria we could see quite the massing at Gould and Victory. And they are not even to the top yet at Dundas. This thing will be huge.

Metropolis-July29,06(4).jpg

Metropolis-July29,06(6).jpg

Metropolis-July29,06(12).jpg

What kind of cladding will we see on the north and east sides of this thing?

No doubt the cladding will be riddiculed on this forum once it is up but the massing of the structure is certainly more impressive then I had envisioned.

The best thing about Metropolis is how it follows Dundas's curve east of Yonge. Its going to be very cool streetcar ride twisting past Dundas Sq. and Met.

Indeed - very much like Yonge and Carlton with the Met.

AoD

Back