News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 448     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
"The only reason I'd prefer to see Buffy Sainte-Marie* perform at Dundas Square rather than see Leonard Cohen's walker at the CMHF is that I'd have to pay to see the walker.

Also, they'd have to actually induct musicians to have performances...in 2004, all they could manage was to induct Bob Ezrin.

*yes, I know she's already in it."

...okay, we get it. You're against it. Hopefully those curating and planing the museum, exhibits and events, will demonstrate a little more imagination, creativity and innovation than what you describe.

I'll also go on the record as saying I don't think the music hall of fame will be successful from a business perspective. If it continually receives government funding than I suppose it'll be around for a while once it's actually built.

I have a question, will the theatres be built over the parking lot? It looks like they might be building over top that parking lot but I'm not sure. If so, then the parking lot will be completly enclosed and hidden from the street? Dose anybody know where the theatres will be located and will there be an entrance on the Ryerson side?

They will be built over the parking lot, on those huge steel pillars. I don't believe they will be enclosed, merely overhung. Despite hosting some classrooms for it, I don't belive that Ryerson will have a special entrance. Only fire escape staircases seem to be at the east side of the building.

Watching this building develop, its a wonder why they did not knock down the parking garage (with permission from Ryerson) and incorporate a new one in the development. It appears to be a lot of work (and steel) to build on top of the garage and I am not quite sure how successful it will be aesthetically once its done.

At this point it looks like an indictable aesthetic crime in the making. Why have we never seen a rendering of this side? This thing is going to loom over Ryerson like... like.. like a giant entertainment complex over a mid-sized university.

Re: PCL: Metropolis Update June 1/06

A TV studio should lease some space in Metropolis or buy the Olympic Spirit building. Have a set that faces the square and open the building up to the people. Add a nice cafe and resteraunt and youve got something good.

A night club would be a cool addition to metropolis... buim guessing that Idea would draw too many complaints from near by residents.

I agree, a tv station with windows on the square would be perfert to animate the area, create a buzz and bring some excitement to the area. They could have concerts and celeb interviews right there. The Olympic Spirit would be perfect for that.

^

True, but I would consider it a shame to not have access to the Podium bar, and its nice balcony. I loved the view from there. I would certainly go there if the entire building was converted to a bar, or if at least the Podium remained a bar.

"Hopefully those curating and planing the museum, exhibits and events, will demonstrate a little more imagination, creativity and innovation than what you describe."

Here's who they've inducted the past 7 years:

1998 David Foster
1999 Luc Plamondon
2000 Bruce Fairbairn (posthumously) * deceased
2001 Bruce Cockburn
2002 Daniel Lanois
2003 Tom Cochrane
2004 Bob Ezrin

It's gonna take a LOT more imagination, creativity and innovation...

Part of the problem with Dundas Square is that it's too small to accommodate events that end up looking pathetic unless the crowd is enormous.

"It's gonna take a LOT more imagination, creativity and innovation..."

Let them start by inducting 54-40 and Great Big Sea. Then Alan Frew of Glass Tiger, if they have the guts.

"^

True, but I would consider it a shame to not have access to the Podium bar, and its nice balcony"

Like I said, keep it open to the public. Most TV studios do allow the public in. Im sure the cafe would be able to stay.

Scarberian: I would agree with you, I don't even know most of those names! When will they add 'Relissa' (Canadian Idol's Rex and Melissa!!) :)

A TV studio should lease some space in Metropolis or buy the Olympic Spirit building. Have a set that faces the square and open the building up to the people. Add a nice cafe and resteraunt and youve got something good.

Great Idea... a TV station in the Olympic Spirit building would be amazing... I can already see a Canada AM/MuchMusic type environment looking out to Toronto's most 'urban' and exciting areas.

it would have been a good location for MTV Canada if they hadn't moved in at the Masonic Temple.

I'm thinking TSN or Sportsnet combined with a sports themed restaurant like the ESPN Zones in the US.

i think that bandshell covering the stage at Dundas Square would block much of the view of the square from any studio set up in the Torch.

Or it would be a good location for a Playdium type thingie.

Back