News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Re: Pray

That's freaky, 3D!

What a depressing example of un-architecture. I think I like it better in the first frame...

If Pen Equity messes this up, we are so screwed!

If? Are there still people who question whether this thing will look good or not? If the rendering is using dark grey and shows large fans visible on the frontage can it really have any chance of looking good? Usually the rendering looks better than the result.

The massing on Victoria St is HUGE and, yes, if peniniquity was left to its own devises, it would no doubt be a disaster for Ryerson. But then Ryerson could look at this as its opportunity for its much needed high profile gateway. Multicoloured glass, maybe something like Pompadou Centre ...idunno just something weird and eye-catching like a building on stilts. Maybe the glass is half full - with the proviso being that Ryerson NOT peniniquity be responsible for the Vic and Gould facades.

I'm not really concerned about the cladding material. Tacky kind of fits the poetics of the area for now. I think there is a little bit too much pre-occupation with cladding at times on this forum. A building is more then just the clothing it is wearing. No doubt the exterior appearance of this building will undergo numerous face-lifts over the decades.

Almost makes one nostalgic for this:

s0381_fl0210_id9820-2.jpg

Northeast corner, Yonge and Dundas. September 11, 1952.

My concern all along has been that Metropolis may not have enough ads, allowing the fans to dominate.

They're erecting a second fixed crane at this very moment. It's on Victoria.

Here's a pic of it I took on Saturday on my way down to Quay to the City:

213344184_e9cc72cf83.jpg

It looks huge! After seeing nothing over one floor, it's crazy seeing something so high!

Dundas square is so busy these days, especially with all of the Aids events going on... very exciting to see all of this buzz around one of our most important public spaces.

the one thing i like about dundas square is whenever im down there it seems that they are always giving away free stuff,on sunday it was free samples of dentyne ice gum,and last weekend it was potato chips.anyone else get anything?

I was down there today and got a free bottle of water.

It's a nice place to sit and people watch. It was pretty busy today.

There is also a public drinking water fountain in the Square.

A free bottle of water?! FutureMayor and his buddies at MCC better not hear about that idea, or they'll be seducing everyone away from YDS with the promise of two bottles, and maybe even a packet of Crystal Light! And then YDS will be empty again..

Back