News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 408     0 

TCHC: 501 Adelaide E / 288 King E (14s, aA)

u2: If you check what you've written on this thread you'll see that you ask, "Why wouldn't a tall point tower like Spire be appropriate in the Brick Works?" - at a time when the inappropriateness of such a scheme was being discussed and it was perfectly clear why not.

US' scarcasm detector has malfunctioned again.

Unfortunately, I don't know the number for technical support. I say take him off the forum for a complete servicing and overhaul. He'll be back to his old Building Babel self in no time.

Change his name back to Building Babel while you're at it. It'll be less confusing.

070708 photo update:

I believe this is the project in question--way out near Parliament St?

From Ontario and Adelaide:

DSC07946.jpg

Is it me or does TCHC seem to be getting better looking buildings than some of the private condominiums being built ??!!?? :eek:

Well, going back some 15-20 years, if you were into the Diamond/Myers tradition of urban building, you might have found co-ops to be "better looking" than slick, banal vertical-gated-community condos...

Thanks for moving the post to this proper thread.

Out of curiosity, for comparison sakes, where are some of the co-ops you are referring to in T.O?

Thanks for moving the post to this proper thread.

Out of curiosity, for comparison sakes, where are some of the co-ops you are referring to in T.O?

Lots of co-ops in the St Lawrence Market Area - though I do not know the architect(s) involved. They date from the early 1980s.

Back