News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 397     0 

TCHC: 501 Adelaide E / 288 King E (14s, aA)

There's a few aspects of this project I'd like to look into as a precedent study. Is there by any chance a Preliminary or, ideally, a Final Report from the planning department for this project? I've Googled around to no avail. Thanks in advance!

There's a few aspects of this project I'd like to look into as a precedent study. Is there by any chance a Preliminary or, ideally, a Final Report from the planning department for this project? I've Googled around to no avail. Thanks in advance!
Why not email Community Planning directly?

Figured I'd ask here first. I imagine there would have been a rezoning application for the site, but I'm not an expert on planning and maybe this was a project that didn't require a report submission?

modernizt, this aren't exactly what you are looking for, but this document remains on TCHC's website:
http://www.torontohousing.ca/webfm_send/5473/1?#

Meanwhile, here's a hint to why you're not finding anything yet, from another page on TCHC's site:

Toronto Community Housing acquired the property at 288 King Street East in late 2006 from Context Development Corporation. While Context had originally planned on developing a market condominium, the zoning is also suitable for affordable rental housing.

Toronto Community Housing’s plan is to work within the existing zoning and develop a building that will be similar in size and appearance to the previously conceived condominium project. The new building will have 184 suites of mostly family-oriented rental housing. The new building will feature state of the art environmental technologies, as part of Toronto Community Housing’s commitment to sustainable development. Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2007 and will be completed in early 2009.

I had a bad feeling that the project didn't require a change in zoning. I guess there's no public report with the drawings. Ah well, worth a try.

Thanks for posting that info!

Back