News   Apr 18, 2024
 399     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 371     0 

Starbucks

I expect the Starbucks locations within close proximity to each other in urban areas to be the first ones assessed on which to close. Likely the ones within the financial district and PATH system as well, with WFH initiatives being maintained for a while. I'm also curious about the relationship between Starbucks and Chapters Indigo, whether there will be impact to those coffee shop spaces.

Last time i was in a Starbucks was March just before the shutdown. I used go to 2 to 3 times a day! 5 to 6 d days a week. Now i make all my lattes at home on my machine.

Last time i was in a Starbucks was March just before the shutdown. I used go to 2 to 3 times a day! 5 to 6 d days a week. Now i make all my lattes at home on my machine.

And if you're anything like me saving a ton of money doing so.

My spouse went to Starbucks today for the first time since March; we got bonus stars apparently -- I guess it's a welcome back gift or something :)

I've been going to Starbucks less often, but on my walks or on occasional drives, they've been very convenient as the app pre-order makes it really easy to find open locations, get what you want, pay in advance, and go. Most Starbucks I've seen in central Toronto have a table outside for pre-order pick ups now, so you don't even have to enter.

Starbucks has been better than most chains for supporting employees, so I haven't minded it. My favourite independent place near home hasn't been open since April 1, but they say they'll reopen in a few weeks. Just in time for a new Starbucks to just open a block away.

Along with the locations at Indigo, I wonder about the partnership with Longos.

Me personally I gave up on Starbucks. When the pandemic hit I was going to Starbucks daily for my espresso but once Covid hit I used my Keurig more.

Long story short I no longer go to Starbucks daily
I got a Keurig Mini for Christmas but I didn’t use it due to the waste. But now that I have the K-cup insert I use it every morning. I dump the used coffee grounds into the garden and rinse the K-cup for tomorrow’s coffee. IDK why anyone buys those throwaway pods, they’re so expensive, even at Costco. Instead I buy a bag of my favourite ground coffee for a few pennies a cup.

T40513_bigger.jpg

As for Starbucks, now that they’ve left Cabbagetown, that’s only when I’m on the road and work is paying. I’m a Pike Place, black customer, so waiting behind someone ordering their Triple, Venti, Half Sweet, Non-Fat, Caramel Macchiato can be frustrating.

Last edited:
I got a Keurig Mini for Christmas but I didn’t use it due to the waste. But now that I have the K-cup insert I use it every morning. I dump the used coffee grounds into the garden and rinse the K-cup for tomorrow’s coffee. IDK why anyone buys those throwaway pods, they’re so expensive, even at Costco. Instead I buy a bag of my favourite ground coffee for a few pennies a cup.

T40513_bigger.jpg

As for Starbucks, now that they’ve left Cabbagetow, that’s only when I’m on the road and work is paying.

I have one of those filters but I find when you make consecutive cups of coffee for multiple people it becomes a pain in the ass.

For one cup they are great but when you make a round of coffees for you and your guests not so much

I have one of those filters but I find when you make consecutive cups of coffee for multiple people it becomes a pain in the ass.

For one cup they are great but when you make a round of coffees for you and your guests not so much
True, I‘m the only coffee drinker in the house, hence the single serve Kuerig Mini. For groups out comes the classic drip percolator. No fancy lattes in this house.

As for Starbucks, now that they’ve left Cabbagetown, that’s only when I’m on the road and work is paying. I’m a Pike Place, black customer, so waiting behind someone ordering their Triple, Venti, Half Sweet, Non-Fat, Caramel Macchiato can be frustrating.

I have a nespresso for americanos or espresso (great for espresso martinis ha!) plus the milk frother.. great for hot or cold foam

Plus a regular bodum drip coffee maker = for when people stay over or when I want iced coffee. I will make a big batch to last a few days.

Ill maybe go 1-2x a month for a coffee when I am out and about. Lately.. have not gone anywhere...

So I have gone on a few walks in my neighbourhood and each time I pass by the local Starbucks, it has a line going around the block.

It might be the demographics of my neighbourhood at work, but I didn't realize so many people needed their latte fix so badly. I was curious if Starbucks was this busy during COVID-19 across the city.

The Starbucks at the Collegeway and Erin Mills Parkway closed permanently at the end of March. That one seemed more of a pre-planned thing rather than a Covid19 result..

Believe it or not, Canada has the most Starbucks per capita in the world:

Given the above and Tim Hortons being by far the largest coffeehouse chain in Canada, there's absolutely no surprise that Canada is the country with among the most coffeehouses per capita in the world (as well as the most baked goods restaurants per capita in the world).

Last edited:

Back