News   Nov 14, 2019
 775     11 
News   Nov 14, 2019
 382     1 

Starbucks

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Starbucks at Church and Shuter recently closed as well. It's vacant. There are several indie coffee shops in the area. As for Queen & Logan, you can't beat the made-to-order apple fritters across the street at Purple Penguin.

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near where the boundaries of North York, York, and
Every day, over the relatively short distance from Manulife to Bloor station in the concourse level, I walk past three Starbucks. It's excessive, but at least they have long hours - they open very early and close late. The new Pilot at Manulife, on the other hand, opens after I leave in the morning and closes at 7 pm on weekdays, 6 pm on Sat. and Sun.
At least you are not in Springfield Mall:

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is Toronto going to gt one of those big starbuks shops like Milan and Chicago got?
You mean the Reserve bar concept, with on-site roasting?

There is one, it's at Shops on Don Mills.

Not sure if there will be a downtown one, at 3,000sq ft plus I imagine rents are an issue.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Church and Shuter closed because they are opening a new location at Dundas and Jarvis that would have been too close to it. Plus the store was really too small, an odd shape, and badly in need of a renovation.

grey

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Starbucks at Church and Shuter recently closed as well. It's vacant. There are several indie coffee shops in the area. As for Queen & Logan, you can't beat the made-to-order apple fritters across the street at Purple Penguin.
Enjoy the fritters while you can, because the owner was told that her lease wouldn't be renewed past April 2021. I think the building has been sold.

Avenue

Member Bio
Reaction score
Church and Shuter closed because they are opening a new location at Dundas and Jarvis that would have been too close to it. Plus the store was really too small, an odd shape, and badly in need of a renovation.
Huh? They are not that close at all. Especially in such a dense area.

Avenue

Member Bio
Reaction score
OK I was thinking Church and Lombard/Adelaide ha ha. But still the area is populated enough to support both.