News   Jul 12, 2024
 798     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 725     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 305     0 

St Lawrence Market

Bulk Barn seems to be opening a store in the old Rogers store at George and Front Streets. See:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 4L8

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 118076 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 11, 2013

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to retail store. Tenant - "ulk Barn". Convenience address - 120 FRONT ST E.

Cool, glad that this large unit will not sit empty too long, especially after the way Roger's defaced all the awnings by slathering them with crappy red paint on the way out.

Bulk Barn seems to be opening a store in the old Rogers store at George and Front Streets. See:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 4L8

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 118076 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 11, 2013

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to retail store. Tenant - "ulk Barn". Convenience address - 120 FRONT ST E.

Man this area is perfect !

Bulk barn and no Frills ! I'm actually being serious, I love those two !

I can't say I am happy about all these big box chains taking over the neighbourhood. We've got No Frills, Urban Barn on King and, apparently, now we have Bulk Barn at Front and George. Staples is just down the street. We'll soon have M & M Meatshop in the south St. Lawrence Market to make it complete. But, as you say, better than the old Rogers premises being empty.

I like the mix, options for everyone ...

Chains serve a purpose; they welcome new residents who want something familiar in a new neighbourhood. They'll branch out into the independent shops in time.

Bulk Barn has a big alternative though, and that's the St. Lawrence market it self, particularly the basement level. Not so much for the candies though.

Bulk Barn has a big alternative though, and that's the St. Lawrence market it self, particularly the basement level. Not so much for the candies though.
Is their a bulk place in the basement? I've checked the prices on some of the bulk-like spice stuff that's prepackaged in the stores down there, and some of it is shockingly horrendous compared to what I find on the exact same product n my local convenience store!

Bulk barn surprises me though - I thought they were slowly vanishing. The Leslie/Eastern location has closed now ... I'm not sure I even know where there is one any more (though I haven't searched).

I'm not too sure about the prices in the basement but they have a ton of variety (i.e. different grains of rice / pastas / ... ) when I checked the prices were actually reasonable, not sure about prepacked things though, these are in large containers, just like bulk barn !

They recently opened new location south of Eglintion on Laird, beside the new longos there.

Bulk barn surprises me though - I thought they were slowly vanishing. The Leslie/Eastern location has closed now ... I'm not sure I even know where there is one any more (though I haven't searched).

The Leslie/Eastern branch didn't have much choice - they got booted out for the Superstore conversion, as did a number of other businesses - the dollar store and that cut-rate, generic clothing place also met the same fate. Whether Bulk Barn is seeking to open up somewhere else in the hood is a different story - I don't know but I already miss it.

The Leslie/Eastern branch didn't have much choice - they got booted out for the Superstore conversion, as did a number of other businesses - the dollar store and that cut-rate, generic clothing place also met the same fate. Whether Bulk Barn is seeking to open up somewhere else in the hood is a different story - I don't know but I already miss it.
Conversion? Oh dear, what are they doing with Loblaws?

It's changing to a Superstore (as Lenser mentioned in his post)
I'm confused ... wasn't it a Loblaws Superstore back in the 1990s? Hmm, I guess they must have taken down the Superstore signage at some point. So it's remaining a Loblaws Superstore and they are just putting the old signage back up again? Not sure why that means Bulk Barn is leaving though ... the Superstores all used to have Bulk Barns I thought back in the 1980s ...

Not sure I get the Superstore label or understand the difference between that and Loblaws ... surely this would be a smaller store than the new Loblaws at Carlton and Church in the old Maple Leaf Gardens ... which has used the Loblaws label rather than the Superstore label.

Back