News   Jul 12, 2024
 804     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 731     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 307     0 

St Lawrence Market

I don't know anywhere that's super "cheap" that I would visit in the area, but here are a few reasonable suggestions:

- A great new spot that's been open for a few months is the AAA Bar (http://tripleabar.ca/) on the north side of Adelaide just before Jarvis. They do Texas-style food aka ribs, fried chicken & waffles, brisket, etc. and they have a decent selection of beers on tap and in bottles/cans. It's within walking distance of the ACC, if you get there fairly soon after they open at 5 you should be okay to make the game.
Highly recommend Triple A Bar. Soooo good!

The City has just posted the tender for plans to improve Berczy Park. Closing date May 13.

Berczy Park, revitalisation plan, Professional and Technical Services
For: all professional and technical services in connection with the creation of a revitalization plan and subsequent construction administration for Berczy Park, 35 Wellington Street East, Toronto.

The fountain in Berczy Park has been turned on for the summer - the park was packed at lunch time

"The City has just posted the tender for plans to improve Berczy Park. Closing date May 13."
QUOTE: DSC.

All that has to be done is clean up the park and keep it that way, make it a Dog Free Zone, (if yu know what I am referencing) and last but not least, where the

present blend of grass does not survive, re-seed with those areas with one that does.

Regards,
J T

Is this extensive enough to go in P&C.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 231594 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Sep 6, 2013

Project: Exhibition Hall(With Sales) Garage Repair/Reconstruction

Description: To complete a slab repair to the entire exterior of St.Lawrence market.

What exactly is happening here ?

Last edited:
The St Lawrence area along The Esplanade used to be filled with railway tracks and what are probably the very last of them are currently being removed from the junction of Market and Wilton Streets.

EsplanadeEast 1894.jpg

Attachments

• EsplanadeEast 1894.jpg
    EsplanadeEast 1894.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 479
Photo of said track removal - you can even see the wooden ties!

9842392854_3d42a70160_b.jpg

I'm not sure if they're going to remove the ones stretching across Market St or not.

Just saw a sign for a Subway restaurant location is going in at 222 The Esplanade on the south side near the Coffee Time. Not exactly exciting news, but I figure this is the right thread to post it in.

Last edited:
Just saw a sign for a Subway restaurant location is going in at 222 The Esplanade on the south side near the Coffee Time. Not exactly exciting news, but I figure this is the right thread to post it in.
Another one? Or has one moved?

There was one on the south side of King between Sherbourne and Princess, and another on the north side of Front between George and Frederick, both about 400 metres away.

I'm not sure I see the demand.

Another one? Or has one moved?

There was one on the south side of King between Sherbourne and Princess, and another on the north side of Front between George and Frederick, both about 400 metres away.

I'm not sure I see the demand.

Yeah it doesn't seem to make sense to have 3 so close together. I'm not sure if one of them are moving or if its an additional location. The sign just went up this week and construction is just getting underway.

"I'm not sure I see the demand."
QUOTE: nfitz.

I gave up on "Subway" a long time ago, for reason(s) I will not elaborate on; Mr Submarine continues as my all-time "Sub" favourite.

Regards,
J T

Back