479     1 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 971     3 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 507     1 

saveoursubways (SOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nfitz you can't accuse us of being all fantasy map and then when we focus on three things for now, you can't say we're forgetting about the rest of the city. It's the TTC that is neglecting things. We're trying to repair it.

Subway to MCC is on there. The Eglinton line is on there. But we have to prioritize the lines in most danger NOW. And Transit City is most negatively affecting Sheppard and Danforth, and DRL needs to be pushed now.

There's no plans right now that would stumpify Bloor forever. The Mississauga BRT is along a completely different alignment, and the possible Dundas LRT wouldn't be serving Sherway anyway. So Bloor can and should still be extended west.

I don't see a subway ever going to MCC. The farthest west it would go is to Sherway Gardens and even I think that is a bit of a stretch.

MCC by Subway would be an extremely long trip. Unless the last few stops after kipling are quite abit apart it would be take way too much time. But you cant build a Subway that goes so far without making stops. Just doesnt make financial sense. MAYBE LRT does make sense in some areas.

You have a much better shot at extending the Sheppard Subway to VP than STC. Why doesn't this group propose that option for now (i.e. go with something you could easily sell and win)?

Last edited:
That train ride would take 30 minutes or so versus over an hour on a subway.
It does 27 minutes from Union to Hurontario (Cooksville GO) now. Hopefully it's closer to 20 to 25 minutes non-stop to MCC once they electrify and speed up the service. And some trains could stop at Kipling as well ... only 11 minutes from Kipling to Hurontario now ... the subway would take at least 20 minutes from Kipling.

This is the kind of thing Mississauga should be jumping up and down about accelerating!

I think I've mentioned over a hundred times that both upgrading the Milton line and a subway to MCC are needed. They serve completely different trips and different riders and different destinations. I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand.

But I suppose you're the same people who argue the Yonge line doesn't need to be extended beyond Finch and/or Steeles because there's a GO line close by. There isn't a GO line that goes into MCC and to divert Milton to directly serve MCC would be an expensive proposition, especially since it'd have to be underground anyway (like a subway) and I don't think we're going to have bilevels running like subways anytime soon.

And for those of you who say a subway to MCC would take a long time, try taking the current bus to the subway. I don't get what the difference is. So you'll be sitting on the subway longer, but shorter than the bus it replaces. How is that bad? Just because certain Torontonians don't think they'd ever do it doesn't mean thousands of Mississaugans don't ALREADY do it EVERYDAY!

Ask the average transit rider in Mississauga (or even those who refuse to ride the bus) what Mississauga needs and they'll tell you: a subway to Square One. Non-transit riders would take it too.

I think I've mentioned over a hundred times that both upgrading the Milton line and a subway to MCC are needed. They serve completely different trips and different riders and different destinations. I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand.

I don't understand why you and others cannot accept that a subway to MCC is not going to happen or if it does, not anytime soon. Present that idea to TTC, Metrolinx, and transit planners and they will dismiss your plan in a heartbeat.

When would this subway to MCC be built?

Last edited:
comparing the MCC extension with the richmond hill extension is faulty for a few reasons. Quite abit of us think that the subway doesnt need to go as far north as the richmond hill line plans too. Secondly the trip to RH would take maybe 45 minutes with zero transfers compared to MCC at over an hour with one transfer. MOST PPL simply dont take transit trips that long everyday. Or at least if they had an option for a a half hour trip for a buck more would gladly pay up.

I think I've mentioned over a hundred times that both upgrading the Milton line and a subway to MCC are needed. They serve completely different trips and different riders and different destinations.
If there's an train from Kipling to MCC that only takes 10 minutes, why would anyone want to use the subway ... unless they were travelling to intermediate stops between Kipling and MCC ... though the demand for those intermediate stops seemed pretty low when they last looked at it.

A subway, in addition to an express train, the transitway, the Dundas BRT/LRT, the Watfront West LRT to Port Credit, and the regional express services to MCC, Cooksville, and Lakeshore East seems like overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back