News   Jul 17, 2024
 539     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 634     0 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the rendering has been made public now, here's a colour rendering.

Edit: And before I get blasted, the lens flares/shimmers weren't exactly my idea. Instructions for the glass were to give it a kind of CD-like colour scheme, but less like a rainbow. :\

Final4-ColourLow.Cassius.Adams.jpg

The Toronto Star showed the new Sapphire Tower this is what it look like

my.php

Well....its tall.

I don't want to bash as we have not really seen the details and it's a black and white newspaper picture (even though they apparently spent money to colour the sky blue, instead of the tower)...but it's not really all that interesting.

Bring it on if only because it's tall and adds some people to the core. And good for him for trying this type of unconventional developemnt. But it is not groundbreaking architecture.

I don't think it's the best looking building but it does kind of fit in with that area also it looks like that may be at least 200m or more?

I think for a condo tower its form is pretty good actually, more interesting than most of the Cityplace towers.

I'd expect more from someone who routinely criticises the "mundane" architecture of the city.

The top is supposed to have a sapphire blue glow so it should look interesting at night.

I love how the rendering has you standing in NPS looking at the tower.

building babel's quip made me smile.

If anything kills this, it will be the market. I am not sure that there is a market for 2 bedroom units starting at $599,000 in this neighbourhood.

And I wonder if its going to be energy efficient/LEED certified. The common expenses will be high enough without the addition of high energy costs associated with large apartments.

Nice render.

I could live with this. It'll add a bit more colour to our mostly black and grey core.

I came across an old rendering of the "ball on top" version of Sapphire the other day and it really made me cringe. This is one instance where the more conservative option is the more tasteful route. Could you imagine the horror if both the old sapphire and the old trump had been built?

I've lost track. Is this the fifth or sixth version of this thing? And when do we get the next?

I really love this render and the colour. It will stand out from all the buildings in that area, but where is it located, will it be seen in the skyine?

Sheppard Street & Temperence, north-east side. About 1 block north of First Canada Place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back