News   Apr 26, 2024
 246     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 273     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 463     0 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thx1038

It was intriguing to read the headline in this weekend’s National Post “Toronto†Magazine (“Special Issue..The New T.O. it is not a condo boom: it is a fundamental shift in the city and how its residents liveâ€). Indeed, our timing with the new building design and interior configuration is turning out to be excellent. My sense is that there is a huge latent demand for full-size, well-planned residences in the heart of the city.

Attached are a few images of the basic design format. The angled steps on the top floors will be the premium terrace apartments. The building will feature a unique ‘double-skin’ design that provides two storey ‘garden’ conservatories for all suites, which are configured like townhouses, set back from the exterior glass wall. Most suites will have direct elevator entries, with separate service elevators. The smaller studios and one bedrooms will be above the 50th floor, with a very exclusive boutique hotel on the 60th floor.

For the original purchasers in the project, we will be offering you a suite between the 50th and the 59th floors, equivalent or larger to your original unit. These layouts are still being fine-tuned as part of our negotiations with the Toronto city planners. As I have mentioned before, to expedite approvals, we have agreed to modify the overall building design to a shape that will minimize the shadow impact on City Hall Square.

In the meantime, rather than tying up your deposit at modest bank interest rates, we are allowing Sapphire purchasers the opportunity to convert their deposit funds into a 16% syndicated land mortgage (one year term) that is being applied to the closing on 56 Temperance St. (the property adjacent to the Sapphire site). As part of the security, you will also have a charge on the original 66 Temperance St. property, which we already own. Once you select your new unit in the project, we will also draw up a new purchase agreement, and we will hold this suite for you without any further significant deposit (above and beyond he normal deposits). As a further bonus, we can apply the 16% interest that you are earning against the suite by reducing the purchase price, which obviously has very significant tax advantages. If you are interested in this program, please contact Sean Stewart at 416-548-8115 ( sean.stewart@onekingwest.com ).

On a side-note, in the coming weeks, the spectacular penthouse of One King West will be seen on national TV as the set for a new TV series. That’s all we can say for now, but when it’s over, we’ll hold a little party there for you and the other patient people who are supporting Sapphire Tower.

Regards,
Harry Stinson

New_Sapphire_Tower_4_different_angl.jpg

New_Sapphire_Tower_balcony_06JAN30.jpg

This Sapphire is looking a bit um...green...and bulky.

looks like that building in Chicago (can't remember the name)

This Sapphire is looking a bit um...green...and bulky.

It will be 73 storeys tall at its highest on a lot the size one finds with a large suburban house. Bulky it will not be. And he is going for LEED green so that's the reason for the colour.

re: Chicago - that was the first thought that came to my head.

Obviously it's a rudimentary rendering, but I like the overall concept. Too bad about the green tint though...We have enough green buildings to last us for a while.

As volatile as he seems to be, it's great how Harry just bounces back from his troubles - and he sure isn't short of ideas. This is such a huge change from the last version of this building - I look forward to seeing better rendered images, as these are obviously very early, crude, and not even the right height to width ratio (and I'm surprised they've been released).

I bet we'll see the last Sapphire design ressurected somewhere else in town in a couple of years.

Do you think we'll also seen Downtown Plaza or First Toronto Tower back at some point? It would actually be fun to create a gif that revolved through the various re-makings of the structure. It could be a condo equivalent of "we are the world".

Yuck! What a world of difference between this and the Absolute designs!

The double skinned thing just doesn't work for me. "Conservatories" seems like a reheat of the Solarium concept so prevalent in the 70's and 80's.

The overall concept is fine but the proportions look off. Hopefully Harry will use proper cladding for this one.

"For the original purchasers in the project"
Does he mean original purchasers of Saphire, Downtown Plaza or First Toronto Tower? :lol

Although it’s just a rudimentary rendering, I already know that I will prefer this over Sapphire. Any guesses on when the next design change will come? Thanks for the update.

I'm really interested by the double-skin. I can't say the design grabs me (it's just meh, which is better than the last few designs), but I'd like to see it built just in case the idea is a good one and catches on.

Are there any double-skinned condos built anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back