News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 694     1 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the render, the actual peak above what looks to be the highest occupied floor makes me nervous. I picture it losing its slight blue tint and becoming exposed precast. The main curtainwall is fine enough.

I'm pretty sure the top is glass as is the southwest corner of the building. The previous versions of Sapphire had this same idea along the southwest corner.

Cassiusa... you think you can offer me any more details on this building that would allow me to make a Google Earth model of this?

Right now I have your rendering, the floorplan in the Sapphire Tower website, and your floor count. How about the height and how the south and east facades look like. Will they just be big walls of glass?

That looks like an absolutely horrid multilevel parking podium...absolutely horrid! how is that thing going to meet the street?

If you're looking at that concrete building at the base, that's actually the Sheraton that's already there. It really is pretty awful, isn't it?

The colour is nice. Wasn't it 'green' at some point in its long history?!

rendering

If this design actually gets built, it will be very interesting to look onto the finacial district as it will resemble a rainbow, with Scotia-red, Trump-green, Sapphire-blue and BMO-white. All we need is a purple or a yellow tower! :p

Re: rendering

The Royal Bank Towers glow a bright gold during periods throughout the day.

Mike in TO: I don't think this angle would block out Trump - were Trump to be included in this view, we wouldn't see the west half of Scotia Plaza (the V would be hidden).

By 2011, the earliest I figure that Sapphire might actually be looking complete, a fair bit of the rest of Scotia Plaza will be blocked from this view by the BA West Tower too.

That, and the pedestrian walkway around NPS will have been rebuilt higher.

And the trees will be dead from acid rain.

And the clouds will be fuller, darker and greener because of our Venusian atmosphere.

And it will be illegal to take pictures or create renderings of terrorist targets.

And where the BMO logo was will be a Gazprom Bahnk logo.

Oooo. Where did I put my happy pills?

medicated 42

Stinson's completely lost it. This is truly idiotic... I can only think of one reason - he's baiting Trump to issue a cease-and-desist order to generate publicity for this project. He might get a lot more than he's bargaining for.

Or maybe he's got himself a new partner now that David is out of the picture...

have to admit, the guy's a stiff, but he keeps it interesting. that's some funny stuff.

He's been outed. Let's see how long until Trump legal weighs in. The hair will not be amused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back