News   Jul 17, 2024
 473     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 613     0 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a rending/drawing of the tower on the weekend... looks pretty similar to the massing work that was posted on UT a couple of months ago.

Basically a blue glass tower with lots of different tapering cuts that make for some large and interesting balconies with a mini triangle shaped spire on the southwest corner.

I don't have them, I just saw them at the condo show at the convention centre last weekend (Stinson had a booth).

Vast improvement even as a sketch. He should have changed the name though and lets hope he uses a good marketing team on this one.

As a rendering, it is marginally more in focus than the rendering for the a-Ha condo on Bloor, but that isn't saying much.

"one of the most dynamic personalities on the Toronto real estate scene"

Ha, too true.

And apparently one of the amenities is a "4 hour grocery store", Harry may want to get his kid to edit his website, it would take the spelling level up a notch

And:

"Sapphire Tower will provide all its residence with the luxury and convenience of ..."

It looks like he may have hired my sixth month old nephew to draw the building for him.

From what I can see from those sketches, this tower appears extremely bulky. I would like to see a more slender version of this design (but hopefully not like the old cylindrical design, which appeared to have compromised functional spaces for building shape).

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough information for me to do a Google Earth model of this. I guess I'll just have to wait...

Not to mention "Saphire" Tower itself was spelled wrong on the web browser heading.

You know a condo project isn't going to fair well when even the developer can't get the name of his own project correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back