News   Jul 17, 2024
 283     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 816     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 638     0 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot the water feature. 12th floor roof garden = hostas + slate + water feature...and maybe a zen garden that doubles as a sandbox for the daycare kids.

Oh yeah, and is it really wrong that I liked the old design with the Gungan energy orb on top?

To the Moderator

I must protest in the strongest of terms the censoring and deleting of Building Babel's following post.

"You shouldn't talk about V of E like that"

In his reply to Archivistower earlier post;

"How appropriate that the announcement is made on Hallowe'en, when the dead normally rise from the grave and threaten us with their very existence."

If people can't take a little ribbing once in a while it's a sorry world we live in. I thought it was a great post.

I suspect the motive behind the post removal was related to an issue of a couple of months ago. I hold no personal malice against any one, and Building Babel's post brought a smile to my face.

Let's not get so politically correct that it stifles the very life out of everything.

I agree; doesn't sound malicious to me.

This project is certainly an ongoing saga. I remember in a thread some months ago, someone was offering odds on which projects in downtown would actually come to fruition. This one was deemed among the less likely to actually be built. I wonder if this will change that assessment?

Is this the new design?

Toronto1_2A.jpg

that looks like one of the original designs, back when he was still delusional enough to think that he was going to out build trump for the tallest tower in all the land.

the new proposal in height is shorter than the Ritz. certainly not the tallest tower in all the land.

OK- I'd never seen that version before. Is there a rendering of the latest anywhere?

looks like the site is down now - but for the longest time harry had this horrible one page website for sapphire, with that design being the only thing on it.

and apparently V of E has seen the new design on paper, but hasn't been able to post it up here just yet. soon enough I'm sure.

Why doesn't he just use the same design but in a smaller capacity? That design is too nice to throw away.

design

^because he has to bend the tip to let light into Nathan Philips Square.

^Maybe he can bend the building. That would be interesting, architecturally speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back