News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a complicated scheme. With the potential for people to lose thier shirts. I guess only well heeled and knowledgeble investors need apply.

Re: size

ROCP 52 floors 505 ft (Although I personally think its higher)
is more representative of condo height in relation to number of floors. Spire at 486 ft has 45 floors = 10.8 ft per floor.

Sapphire at 643 ft / 62 floors = 10.37 ft per floor, but remember that would include 10 floors of parking with about 7 ft to 8 ft ceilings. Factor in that lost 20ft - 30ft ft and it comes out to 10.85 ft per floor, just a little more than Spire.

Re Office sizes. Not sure but they would have to start around 100 sq. ft (10X10) for the $99,000 price listed.

Re: sap

The office space is probably the outside perimeter of the parking levels 2-11

I have a hard time getting a sense of this building. To clarify, this is a re-design and represents a new development in the Sapphire saga?

If so, we really need a rendering if there is one out there.

How appropriate that the announcement is made on Hallowe'en, when the dead normally rise from the grave and threaten us with their very existence.

Interesting to hear that Harry is going for a very mixed-use building. I hope he is successful this time ( and I hope the building is good looking).

I wonder if any buyers from the previous iteration(s) of Saphire have still hung on. That would be one heck of a long wait from down payment to occupancy.

Featuring breathtaking 360 degree views, multiple roof gardens, soaring ceilings and direct elevator access, the Sapphire penthouse will likely become a ‘trophy’ possession and generate extensive
[free] media curiosity during the building marketing.

Wow. [free] media. Somebody's really thinkin'. Or is it just free curiosity and not actually free media??

LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION.

Unless the Assesment Appeals Board rules favorably in regard to the tax treatment of the 1 King units in the next few weeks, I would be pretty leery of a boutique hotel or condohotel portion too.
Thanks V of E for breaking the news.

^ Anyone know what happened with the Intrawest project at Blue Mountain?

I beleive there was a similar debate with the assessments about a year ago as to whether units would be assessed at a commercial or residential rate.

"level 12 is the amenity floor, including extensive fitness
facilities, daycare, and a roof garden"

12th floor roof garden?

I saw that too, pretty funny. a roof garden in the middle of the building.

probably a set back, with a big balcony of some sort?

Would a 12th floor terrace get any light here? I'll go out on a limb here and guess hostas + slate.

IIRC with the previous Sapphire design the south side only rose above the Bell building to the south at about the 20th floor. All things being the same the 12th will be in shadow most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back