News   Aug 26, 2024
 330     2 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 703     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 504     0 

Ryerson: Business Building (Zeidler)

They're putting up hoarding around the old jj mugs location. don't know what's going in there.

I still don't like it but it's not quite as objectionable as I thought it would be.

I'll give it another chance and take a good look at it some time in September.

More pics from today:

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

The side with the Ryerson banner is OK, but the rest is quite grotesque.

What happened to the JJ Mugs fountain/skylight? That and the old Cineplex Odean cinema are key pieces in my childhood memories.... gone :eek:

I hope they install a fountain in that small square. It's going to be quite windswept otherwise.

I agree with blixa, the Ryerson side looks good but the Canadian Tire and Best Buy façades look absolutely bland.

Btw, wasn't the Ryerson Business Building supposed to give the Ryerson Biz Dept' a Bay St. address? Their entrance to this building is located on Dundas....

It has a Bay Street mailing address (575 Bay), but the entrance is at 85 Dundas West.

I was about to add to my post: "If they give it a Bay St. address I'm going to laugh because it's definitely not on Bay"..

... so I guess: HA HA HA!

I used to have a Bay St address and my entrance was on Edward St... so har dee har har to you.
belebele005.gif

And it isn't like the first of its sort (note 181 Bay and 777 Bay, oriented t/w Wellington and College respectively)

Dreadful building- ugh. The only redeeming feature on the exterior is the northeast corner.

I repeat what I said before about its reminding me of the Uni record label
unirec.jpg

Back