News   Oct 03, 2024
 144     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 4.7K     1 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 676     0 

Ryerson: Business Building (Zeidler)

Can one bring donations, such as left-over building materials, for their next project?

Well, if they ever need to do an extreme makeover of the building, the Canadian Tire in the building might be able to help them.

There's no shortage of hideousness on that corner for them to look out at.

Though God Bless that kitty-corner hideousness I call "Mister TBBS"--if only (but maybe not just only) because there's so little of its undemolished/ungentrified ilk left...

Im surprised Canadian Tire Corp. Is building a store within that. They are extremely picky with the look of their stores, the only resemblance to the store design would be the beige colour on the outside of the building. Does anyone know how big the store is supposed to be?

What about all the Canadian Tires in malls? I don't think they have any say over the look of the exterior.

"they are extremely picky with the look of their stores"

:rollin

You mean this does not look enough like a non-descript big-box disposable building? Damn. The architects appeared to be going for that look when they designed this building. ;)

Im surprised Canadian Tire Corp. Is building a store within that. They are extremely picky with the look of their stores,

Hilariously absurd comment.

Well im currently a team lead for a store retrofit in Vaughan, and the guys from corp. are extremely picky with everything. Our colour has to be mixed perfectly, we are not allowed to cheap out with materials and fixtures, and the outside of the store is all done by corp. They must have drawn up new plans for this store, because its not following anything I have had to follow so far.

"You mean this does not look enough like a non-descript big-box disposable building? Damn. The architects appeared to be going for that look when they designed this building."

The stores are supposed to be attractive to the female shopper. Thats why Canadian Tire is retrofitting existing stores and opening new ones in a new format. The Ryerson building is just gross looking.

Best Buy is going in next to CT.

I agree that it is a bad looking building

The sidewalk on Dundas will be wide and haft of the new walk is in place.

i want to add a new complaint. they have pretty much finished the sidewalk on bay st. it's extra wide but they haven't left any planter openings. there won't be a single tree planted on that stretch or bay unless it's in a pot. i doubt that there will be a tree planted on dundas between yonge and bay either.

^ Depends on who has say over the sidewalk. Ryerson is the party that might want to plant some trees. They've put some trees in copper pots on Church Street in front of the Computer and Engineering Building.

let me clarify then, there will be no trees that will survive to grow to any sort of significant size.

Thanks for the insights, Tuscani.

It's not inconceivable that a corporation be picky about looking awful. They all have strong ideas about exactly which kind of awful they're aiming for. Canadian Tire wouldn't wan't a shopper to mistake its awful for Shoppers Drug Mart awful, or, I don't know, Wal-mart awful. (Wawful?)

Back