News   Jun 17, 2024
 64     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Royal Conservatory Of Music - Telus Centre for Performance & Learning (KPMB)

Re: Re: Royal Conservatory of Music Photo Updates

Why would you want to emphasize the cheapness of something? In what sense is that appropriate?

you're very welcome. The red thing on the outer walls is just some kind of material for insulation. Apparently, it is applied on the concrete. It will be covered up eventually, hopefully with something respectful to draw some attention from the stadium...

That edge of the stadium says "We appreciate your call, please stay on the line and a phase 2 respresentative will be happy to help you, should funding and the will to spend it ever become available. For a real stadium, please press 872 now to be transferred to an American school."

And goes on to say "In Canada, a university's role is education, not to be a farm club for various professional sports leagues."

Yeah - all that. The edge isn't meant to emphasize cheapness, it's meant to emphasize stadium-ness.

Cheap stadiumness.

More like unfinished stadiumness that may never be finished because of cheapness.

May 13:

Var1.jpg

RCM1.jpg

If one looks closely at Sean's 2nd pic - they've started to install glass fins for the lobby area. Having went past it today, I think they're using low-iron glass.

AoD

Photos by Sir Novelty Fashion

Taken from his original thread to be found here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=5935

The final cladding is going on the front of the Conservatory's east wing.

Brick going inside the Varsity access tunnel

From Philosopher's Walk, the connection between old and new:

Nice! Thanks for the update.

As I saw your latest, I couldn't help but notice that you had 666 posts to date :eek: " ... this too shall pass."

In another area of observation, the inroads of modern buildings on the fringes of these photos, have clearly shattered the contextualism that so many claim they desire. RCM already seems to be a museum piece (pun intended) before construction is completed.:)

As I saw your latest, I couldn't help but notice that you had 666 posts to date " ... this too shall pass."

The funny part is that I mixed up where this minacious post number is located. I made note of it elsewhere.

Maybe there is something to this number after all! :(

Back