843     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 524     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 258     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a pic of Rob at the scene of a fatal accident involving a City-owned veicle. What is he doing? Smiling for a selfie.. WTF are you guys doing taling about rhetoric. etc., etc. Why aren'y you DEMANDING that mainstream news report this! So far none of the 4 newspapers covering Toronto news are acknowledging the existence of the photograph at all. Don't you guys realize this could totally dissolve support for Ford in his Ward race? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By0l4oGIQAApLLz.png

Before the 'selfie' was posted, everyone on Twitter was screaming at Toronto media to STOP reporting on Rob Ford's presence at the accident scene. Stop making the story about him. So what if he was there? Lots of people were there on a busy street! Stop making it sound like he was helpful -- he did nothing special, calling Andy Byford does nothing for the victim, Byford would have been notified anyways, etc. STOP DISRESPECTING THE VICTIM AND HER FAMILY! THIS IS NOT ABOUT ROB FORD!!

NOW... oh now it's okay to disrespect the victim and her family??? Screw that dead lady, look -- Rob Ford was there... and he did something tacky!! Isn't he just soooo..... ewwww! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways. What, exactly, should the media say about the Rob Ford selfie?? How is it news? Posing for a photo with a fan at that scene is not illegal. It did not impede efforts to save the lady or investigate the accident. It was a very (very, very, very, very, very) tasteless thing to do (in one's subjective opinion), but it's not news.

If it had been Justin Bieber who posed for that selfie, and the media reported on it as yet another Bieber-scandal, people would be furious with the media for using a tragic death for sensationalist stories, and treating the victim as merely a sideshow to a Bieber story. No one would say "Thanks to the media for helping educate our young people that Bieber is not a nice person nor positive role model, hopefully kids will stop worshiping him" or any such thing.

This is the thing about some of the Ford haters; they have really become so blinded by their hate, they can't see past it.

I suppose one could add that if enough regular citizens make enough noise about this on blogs/twitter/comment boards, etc, the media might eventually report on the public noise. Which would be okay, because that's then a separate story, and not the same as making the Inappropriate Selfie the lede of the initial story about the fatal accident.

I can confirm that Mikey (Mutey) Ford is actually capable of speaking. I was waiting for the washroom to become vacant yesterday at the Yonge-Bloor-Bay-BA debate at St. Andrew's United church, and Mikey was seated in a chair next to the door. I asked him if he was waiting in line, and he said "no, go ahead".

True (albeit, underwhelming) story.

Before the 'selfie' was posted, everyone on Twitter was screaming at Toronto media to STOP reporting on Rob Ford's presence at the accident scene. Stop making the story about him. So what if he was there? Lots of people were there on a busy street! Stop making it sound like he was helpful -- he did nothing special, calling Andy Byford does nothing for the victim, Byford would have been notified anyways, etc. STOP DISRESPECTING THE VICTIM AND HER FAMILY! THIS IS NOT ABOUT ROB FORD!!

NOW... oh now it's okay to disrespect the victim and her family??? Screw that dead lady, look -- Rob Ford was there... and he did something tacky!! Isn't he just soooo..... ewwww! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways. What, exactly, should the media say about the Rob Ford selfie?? How is it news? Posing for a photo with a fan at that scene is not illegal. It did not impede efforts to save the lady or investigate the accident. It was a very (very, very, very, very, very) tasteless thing to do (in one's subjective opinion), but it's not news.

If it had been Justin Bieber who posed for that selfie, and the media reported on it as yet another Bieber-scandal, people would be furious with the media for using a tragic death for sensationalist stories, and treating the victim as merely a sideshow to a Bieber story. No one would say "Thanks to the media for helping educate our young people that Bieber is not a nice person nor positive role model, hopefully kids will stop worshiping him" or any such thing.

This is the thing about some of the Ford haters; they have really become so blinded by their hate, they can't see past it.

The situation changed the moment the selfie came out.

Last edited:
I can confirm that Mikey (Mutey) Ford is actually capable of speaking. I was waiting for the washroom to become vacant yesterday at the Yonge-Bloor-Bay-BA debate at St. Andrew's United church, and Mikey was seated in a chair next to the door. I asked him if he was waiting in line, and he said "no, go ahead".

True (albeit, underwhelming) story.

Don't sell yourself short. This is the first reported evidence on this thread that Mikey actually said something. (!) This is a historical moment.

Previous reports of Twitter missives from Mikey don't count, as they were likely Doug assuming the Edgar Bergen position of püppetmeister.

Last edited:
Where, at the St Clair Stockyards? Is there a President's Choice Oncology there too?

Oh, so cancer's just a big joke for you? Rob gave everything to helping the average, hard-working folks of Toronto, even his health. It's just sickening cowards like you wait until he's on his death bed to attack.

Further evidence that Thug is thick (and a hyprocrite)...he criticizes Tory for being insensitive about Jean Chretian's partial facial paralysis in the presence of Olivia, who is working through her own (which, in time should correct itself). The mind boggles.

Olivia didn't seem bothered by it...good on her! Shame on Drug.

I'm still interested in the sequence of events yesterday on St. Clair. Especially given the reddit post of "My buddy says ..." implying that the woman was somehow involved in a Rob Ford sighting.

Was Rob already there on St. Clair, running an errand or whatever, and out of his car?
Did the accident happen close to where Rob happened to be?
Was a "Rob Ford sighting" in fact underway and was the woman either part of it, or distracted by it?
The report is that she was jaywalking and on her cellphone - but do we know if the presence of Rob is a factor?
Or was Rob simply driving by, saw the accident aftermath, and pulled over to offer help.

We may never know. But once again all the oxygen is being consumed by the streetcar-blamers and the selfie-blamers, but neither of these booing sections is explaining how & when Rob happened to be on scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back