901     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 406     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 492     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a pic of Rob at the scene of a fatal accident involving a City-owned veicle. What is he doing? Smiling for a selfie.. WTF are you guys doing taling about rhetoric. etc., etc. Why aren'y you DEMANDING that mainstream news report this! So far none of the 4 newspapers covering Toronto news are acknowledging the existence of the photograph at all. Don't you guys realize this could totally dissolve support for Ford in his Ward race? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By0l4oGIQAApLLz.png

If he (RoFo) dies while in office does that actually make him "A" Mayor?

Well, we have seen one insensitive, smiling idiot so far, if the posting of photos is any indication. But, again, it is not her, or even them (if there are more than one), who pose with him. It is him, not saying: "No. this is inappropriate". He is "supposened" to be the Mayor, not just a random passer-by.

But he's regular folks, just like you and me. Doesn't everyone want a selfie when someone gets killed? Come on, don't lie, everybody lies, and that's the truth. I mean everyone smokes crack, lies, had the chief of police sign off on your background check, have x amount of 911 domestic calls, assaulted a co-worker with video proof and gets away with it. I mean he's just an imperfect human being doncha know.

I see the streetcar, I do see the ambulance but it's not in your face close, and I see possibly cops on the upper right hand side.

It is beyond peradventure that even someone as turned-down-below-zero* dim-witted as Robbie knew what had happened in the background. The "papers" (media) could run with this appalling show of insensitivity if they wish.

* The complement of: "but it goes up to 11".

Hopefully it wasn't intentional but having your photo taken (not a selfie) with the scene of somebody's death behind you is pretty damn messed up.

Apparently, we have all been given permission to show up at RoFo's funeral (it can't come too soon) and take smiling selfies with the coffin in the background.

I will be taking the day off work.

He really, really [there's that Rob Ford rhetorical device again] hates it. He grew up as the 'golden boy' [insert blonde hair jokes here], has no sense of humour [never mind irony], and gets very pissed off very quickly if laughed at.

You are probably correct. A #LaughAtDoug would likely drive him around the bend and cause him to lose whatever composure/decorum he may have possessed.

Ain't no moment like an off-script moment when it comes to a droog like Doug.

It is beyond peradventure that even someone as turned-down-below-zero* dim-witted as Robbie knew what had happened in the background. The "papers" (media) could run with this appalling show of insensitivity if they wish.

* The complement of: "but it goes up to 11".

The last 4 years has shown to me that when it comes to the Ford Follies, and that disturbingly includes too many unquestioning media. There doesn't seem to be a bottom floor on the elevator. The media may or may not run with the selfie pic story. But which angle will get the most traction or coverage? "Hero mayor with cancer helps in scene of fatal collision"? Or "Mayor crassly poses for photos at scene of fatal collision"? I'm a misanthrope pessimist lately, so my bet is placed on "cancer hero mayor assisting in tragedy" angle.

*I had to look up what peradventure means, because it sounded exciting. Totally not the penultimate fun filled adventure I thought it was.

In the last 20 pages, I have read an alarming number of disgusting, misogynist, peeping-tom posts about the nieces of Rob Ford (who -- unlike them -- is the subject of this forum). Way to go, guys. You're worse than Rofo. You're making these comments in public and while sober.

You're making these misogynist, cruel, personal remarks about young women you've never met, simply because the men in their families are politicians. It reminds me of Frank Magazine making jokes about raping Brian Multoney's daughter. Or Ford Nation crazies making hateful comments to attack gays. Or the taunts that Olivia Chow "can't even speak English".

It speaks volumes about who you are and what you stand for and for what many people in the Urban Toronto community and its moderators will tolerate. Thank you to those of you who have asked for these anti-women comments to stop. Shame on those of you who initiated and are keeping these offensive, off-topic and demeaning discussions alive.

How about Sarah Palin and her brood?

The last 4 years has shown to me that when it comes to the Ford Follies, and that disturbingly includes too many unquestioning media. There doesn't seem to be a bottom floor on the elevator. The media may or may not run with the selfie pic story. But which angle will get the most traction or coverage? "Hero mayor with cancer helps in scene of fatal collision"? Or "Mayor crassly poses for photos at scene of fatal collision"? I'm a misanthrope pessimist lately, so my bet is placed on "cancer hero mayor assisting in tragedy" angle.

*I had to look up what peradventure means, because it sounded exciting. Totally not the penultimate fun filled adventure I thought it was.

I did too, I love it

per·ad·ven·ture

adverb

adverb: peradventure

perhaps.
"peradventure I'm not as wealthy as he is"

noun: peradventure

uncertainty or doubt as to whether something is the case.
"that shows beyond peradventure the strength of the economy"

It's weird that any of you guys would even think for a second the accident-pic would *stick*.

We all know he's dim. Blame the nit-wit who asked for the pic.

Anyway, you should all know better by now.

IF the various local media were to run a headline with the (apparently widely sought) 'death-scene selfie' as an FC/FP photo, what would their assorted headlines be? Like, could the Sun's possibly be "First Responder: Stricken Ford Assists After Pedestrian Struck." (Byline, Joey Worms)?

Not making light of this awful accident, just the weird Ford aspect of it

IF the various local media were to run a headline with the (apparently widely sought) 'death-scene selfie' as an FC/FP photo, what would their assorted headlines be? Like, could the Sun's possibly be "First Responder: Stricken Ford Assists After Pedestrian Struck." (Byline, Joey Worms)?

Not making light of this awful accident, just the weird Ford aspect of it

Sickly Ford selfies sully streetcar-stricken stroller's sanctity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back