1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 538     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a pic of Rob at the scene of a fatal accident involving a City-owned veicle. What is he doing? Smiling for a selfie.. WTF are you guys doing taling about rhetoric. etc., etc. Why aren'y you DEMANDING that mainstream news report this! So far none of the 4 newspapers covering Toronto news are acknowledging the existence of the photograph at all. Don't you guys realize this could totally dissolve support for Ford in his Ward race? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By0l4oGIQAApLLz.png

Cp24 is reporting that there are reports Ford was at the scene of the streetcar accident but it isn't "clear" what he was doing. No mention of the photo.

Cop they spoke to reminded people to cross at the lights

Cp24 is reporting that there are reports Ford was at the scene of the streetcar accident but it isn't "clear" what he was doing.

"assisting" apparently.

CP24
"Toronto Police say callers told them Mayor Rob Ford was at scnee of pedestrian/streetcar fatal assisting"
https://twitter.com/stephaniesmyth/status/517057419399020545

Fortunately, since they installed the replaceable fibreglass "Shiner" skirts over the gap at the front fatalities are relatively uncommon. The old PCC cars were pretty lethal.

What got my attention was the fact that TEN fire trucks were sent!

Last edited:
We've got a pic of Rob at the scene of a fatal accident involving a City-owned veicle. What is he doing? Smiling for a selfie.. WTF are you guys doing taling about rhetoric. etc., etc. Why aren'y you DEMANDING that mainstream news report this! So far none of the 4 newspapers covering Toronto news are acknowledging the existence of the photograph at all. Don't you guys realize this could totally dissolve support for Ford in his Ward race? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By0l4oGIQAApLLz.png

I sent the photo to a number of the top CH reporters a few hours ago (dale, goldsbie, peat, hui, paggliaro, straschen).

I could ask: Why aren't you? ETA: But I won't.

Last edited:

While I agree, chances are that pic is not "in your face explicit proof" enough for mainstream news. It needs to have the firetruck, EMS, cops, unmistakeable scene of a fatal accident with the MINO selfie taking place. A video would be preferable for many people to believe what you're claiming. Wait, this is starting to sound like deja vu all over again for some reason.

While I agree, chances are that pic is not "in your face explicit proof" enough for mainstream news. It needs to have the firetruck, EMS, cops, unmistakeable scene of a fatal accident with the MINO selfie taking place. A video would be preferable for many people to believe what you're claiming. Wait, this is starting to sound like deja vu all over again for some reason.

The streetcar, and an ambulance, are clearly visible. There is no mistaking the background.

It's pretty lame that photos of Ford smoking crack = a poll increase, but a photo of him riding a bike in a bike lane downtown while sipping on a latte and wearing a shirt that says "I am pro-gay marriage" would quite possibly lead to a decrease in poll numbers.

Let's not lose sight of these insensitive, smiling idiots who are posing with him at the scene of a fatal accident

The streetcar, and an ambulance, are clearly visible. There is no mistaking the background.

I see the streetcar, I do see the ambulance but it's not in your face close, and I see possibly cops on the upper right hand side. Now my own opinion, yeah it's pretty damn despicable MINO smiling like an idiot in a fatal accident scene, ditto with the woman who wanted the pic taken with Mayor "human shaped pile of manure" Rofo.

Putting on the proverbial zealot FN and chicken shit media hat on, and doing some devil's advocacy (which IMO still counts as the Lord's work). It probably won't stick. Rob is not close enough, he has to be seen actively interfering with cops and EMS. Though I'm wondering if maybe the flipside can be true, how is MINO "assisting" if all he did was call Andy Byford, and pose for selfies?

Then again, cognitive dissonance is a hell of a state.

Let's not lose sight of these insensitive, smiling idiots who are posing with him at the scene of a fatal accident

Well, we have seen one insensitive, smiling idiot so far, if the posting of photos is any indication. But, again, it is not her, or even them (if there are more than one), who pose with him. It is him, not saying: "No. this is inappropriate". He is "supposened" to be the Mayor, not just a random passer-by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back