1K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 668     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.3K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:recent posts by JimmiT. Remember some weeks or months back he wondered aloud where Rob got his car detailed? Was that about LeeAnn or something more?

"Socktober" is my fave

That was pretty creative!

I liked this line especially:

Yep, most people just ignore the calls. I do!

Also, my MPP (a Liberal) just endorsed Tory for mayor. I like Brad Duguid though and his office is across the street from me.

Re:recent posts by JimmiT. Remember some weeks or months back he wondered aloud where Rob got his car detailed? Was that about LeeAnn or something more?
Jimmi T brought up murder the other day and my immediate thought went to his post about Ford and his car being detailed. Was it detailed to remove evidence of a crime?

Jimmi T brought up murder the other day and my immediate thought went to his post about Ford and his car being detailed. Was it detailed to remove evidence of a crime?

She brought the car down to get detailed or was it her car that was getting detailed and she used his car to get there with Lisi? The detailing was before or after the DUI?
I am being too lazy to look anything up I apologize.

Other question is who would the target be? another lower level nobody ?

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 1m
Email from Rob Ford campaign says DOUG Ford will be taking questions at City Hall around noon. #TOPoli

The media should just ignore Thug Ford, but they won't.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 3m
Email from mayor's campaign says Doug Ford will be speaking to media at noon. No word about Rob, who pulled out of 2 debates this week.

Probably sobering up.

Last edited:

Start scanning flyers for tinfoil sales - last week there were several busts at autobody shops.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 1m
Email from Rob Ford campaign says DOUG Ford will be taking questions at City Hall around noon. #TOPoli

The media should just ignore Thug Ford, but they won't.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 3m
Email from mayor's campaign says Doug Ford will be speaking to media at noon. No word about Rob, who pulled out of 2 debates this week.

Probably sobering up.

I don't mind that. Doug is actually more prone to saying dumb shit than Robbie. His comments about kids with autism actually shook a few hardcore Ford Nationals loose. Even Ford Nation doesn't like Doug. He's a complete liability so I say let him speak.

Just a thought:

It seems that most of Ford's support comes from people who buy into the myth that he has saved the city and taxpayers a lot of money. While it is easy to point out all his personal problems, and there are LOTS of them, to these people they are just a strawman to distract from the fact that he is fiscally responsible. In many ways, you have to give them credit for keeping focused on what matters.

That said, we really need to drive home his fiscal record. Even I have trouble identifying the places where he has wasted tax dollars due to his incompetence. The three places I can best think of are:

1. Attempting to cancel Transit City
2. The Scarborough subway extension
3. Using city resources to coach football

Surely to goodness there are more places where money has been wasted, right? Even the last one, Ford can brush it off as being a drop in the bucket. In many ways, it feels as if that his personal problems ARE a strawman which has distracted those against him from his professional record.

With the annual film festival almost here, it occurs to me that a certain self-aggrandizing jackass might just view the event as the perfect chance for yet more self promotions, especially in regards to "hanging out" with what he no doubt perceives to be his "fellow celebrities." If so, he may be in for a bit of a shock; Hollywood A-listers in town for the fest would be under no obligation to put up with Ford and his nonsense. And public repudiations from such elitists - for that's exactly what Fatass will denounce them as the second they don't kiss his ass as he expects - could very well lead to further meltdowns from our beloved "Mayor." Whee!

Just a thought:

It seems that most of Ford's support comes from people who buy into the myth that he has saved the city and taxpayers a lot of money. While it is easy to point out all his personal problems, and there are LOTS of them, to these people they are just a strawman to distract from the fact that he is fiscally responsible. In many ways, you have to give them credit for keeping focused on what matters.

That said, we really need to drive home his fiscal record. Even I have trouble identifying the places where he has wasted tax dollars due to his incompetence. The three places I can best think of are:

1. Attempting to cancel Transit City
2. The Scarborough subway extension
3. Using city resources to coach football

Surely to goodness there are more places where money has been wasted, right? Even the last one, Ford can brush it off as being a drop in the bucket. In many ways, it feels as if that his personal problems ARE a strawman which has distracted those against him from his professional record.
Hiring David Price on the taxpayer's dime to do .... no one really knows what.
Charging car expenses while in rehab
Using staff members for campaign events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back