1K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 668     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.3K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, like most everything in this thread, that's weird. At least he's not wearing a suit.

I don't know what it is, but Rob has something going with the ladies.

I guess when he stands on his wallet he's 6 feet tall!

"Rob fkn ford is in coppa cabana with me for my birthday ahhhhhh "

Last edited:

I guess when he stands on his wallet he's 6 feet tall!

"Rob fkn ford is in coppa cabana with me for my birthday ahhhhhh ��������"

wondering what he's doing there - he's not known for frequenting mid town, is he?

Maybe it's cuz he's a Bad Boy ..... there noooobody like the mayor holy sh!t dontcha know :D :rolleyes:

Frasier: I just can't picture Maris in Dad's '82 Impala.

Niles: Neither could she, at first. I'll never forget the look of wonder on her face at touching vinyl for the first time. She said it made her feel cheap and dirty, and she liked it. I was her first bad boy.

The Adventures of Bad Boy and Dirty Girl
Odd Man Out

Thanks Casita <blush>. Maybe you can cash-in on the burgeoning Rob Ford Meryl Review Industry post-election? You've got the goods, just add some Scarlett Heights entremanure-ship, and Rob's Yer Uncle.

Over the weekend I heard a rumour from a friend who works at Penguin that a publisher is already working on a Rob Ford Cookbook, based on all the dishes being served up at restaurants with the name “the Rob Ford” – e.g. Smoked turkey, baked ham, cracked pepper on white bread. The idea is not what he cooks, but how other people describe him using food.

This seemed rather a-propos given all the menu photos posted here on UT. Makes me wonder if this thread helped inspire it…

Thanks Casita <blush>. Maybe you can cash-in on the burgeoning Rob Ford Meryl Review Industry post-election? You've got the goods, just add some Scarlett Heights entremanure-ship, and Rob's Yer Uncle.

Over the weekend I heard a rumour from a friend who works at Penguin that a publisher is already working on a Rob Ford Cookbook, based on all the dishes being served up at restaurants with the name “the Rob Ford” – e.g. Smoked turkey, baked ham, cracked pepper on white bread. The idea is not what he cooks, but how other people describe him using food.

This seemed rather a-propos given all the menu photos posted here on UT. Makes me wonder if this thread helped inspire it…

Does Penguin have a number of "lesser" labels under its control? Shame if they lower themselves under the Penguin name. I do think the idea is great fun, but not worthy of Penguin.

Members of the Rudan family own the Copa Cabana.

ah... thanks.

Imagine this: an army of servers parading around you with glistening skewers of meat in hand. Ready to serve you at a moment’s notice, they come bearing over 20 cuts of meat that have been perfectly cooked over a charcoal grill. Then add: beautiful samba dancers, well-balanced cocktails and a killer galleria of fresh salads and side dishes. Did I mention it’s all-you-can-eat? Yup, this paradise does exist. With two successful rodizios under their belts (one in Niagara Falls and the other near Yonge and Eg), the Rudan brothers have brought Copacabana to the heart of downtown Toronto. My photog and I had a chance to check it out and have been daydreaming of Brazil ever since. The new, ultramodern restaurant has elevated this steakhouse chain to a whole new level…

http://www.thecuriouscreature.com/2014/05/16/copacabana/

Does Penguin have a number of "lesser" labels under its control? Shame if they lower themselves under the Penguin name. I do think the idea is great fun, but not worthy of Penguin.

I gathered it wasn't Penguin that was doing it, but another publisher, and she wouldn't say who. This was "industry gossip", maybe commercially interesting, but not something juicy as a smokin' crack pipe somewhere after midnight

I gathered it wasn't Penguin that was doing it, but another publisher, and she wouldn't say who. This was "industry gossip", maybe commercially interesting, but not something juicy as a smokin' crack pipe somewhere after midnight

I'd imagine that there would be several would-be exposationalists chomping at the bit, but at the same time trying to balance their ethics/personal beliefs with the whole deal. The whole story is so sordid even with the verifiable stuff, with all of the rumors it gets so much worse/better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back