396     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 515     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 638     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they need to be weary about backlash. Put shirts on and be quiet. Get in the frame with your signs. If you can't, start yelling again.

I bet the protesters won't be allowed near Ford today now that people know what to expect.
The security is tight only because there's a federal minister involved. The protesters won't stop now, the genie is out of the bottle.

ETA : "Shirtless protesters, who have followed the mayor to other events ever since he had a confrontation with a shirtless jogger on Canada Day, are in front the TTC building with signs."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

De-lurking to ask if I am the only one who remembers a posting put up on (I think) Reddit in the early days of Ford's vacation at Greenstone. The poster stated that the OPP was called to Greenstone because Ford tried to leave the property and drove a vehicle in to a fence. It was posted late at night and when I went back to check the thread in the morning, it was gone. Was I dreaming? I probably shouldn't follow this story before going to sleep. Does anyone else remember that posting?

I do recall something to that effect as well.

They've moved it inside. Ford is wearing his chain of office. He looks like an idiot.
Guess he didn't read the handbook on appropriate use of the chain of office. He seems to wear it thinking it gives him more power or something. What a doofus.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Mayor Ford's sobriety coach here watching the event. He's taken to wearing a temporary city hall security swipe card around his neck.

Inner monologue: "BOOM! CHAIN OF OFFICE. Looking extra mayoral. How ya like me now haters????"

Guess he didn't read the handbook on appropriate use of the chain of office. He seems to wear it thinking it gives him more power or something. What a doofus.

As long as he gets it dry cleaned before handing it off to the next guy.

If he wants to get buried in it that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

De-lurking to ask if I am the only one who remembers a posting put up on (I think) Reddit in the early days of Ford's vacation at Greenstone. The poster stated that the OPP was called to Greenstone because Ford tried to leave the property and drove a vehicle in to a fence. It was posted late at night and when I went back to check the thread in the morning, it was gone. Was I dreaming? I probably shouldn't follow this story before going to sleep. Does anyone else remember that posting?

I totally remember that post.

Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC 19m
As Mayor lauds benefits of gas tax, Cllr Thompson pulls me aside to remind me gains were made at FCM- which Ford has long railed against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back