5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 721     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet that next presser will have Ford with his back up against a wall. Which is some nice symbolism.

Aannnnndddd... note that at today's TTC press conference he was indeed standing with his back up against a cinderblock wall. Expect more of the same.

Ford's getting active on the community circuit, so get in front of the message. Here's a rather non-committal reply from Taste of the Kingsway:

Is he officially going to be there?
I will send a polite e-mail saying I would love to go Taste of Kingsway, but not if Ford is in attendance as MINO.
It's literally, the least I can do.

But they're probably non committal because they don't want to be in any controversy.
Or seen 'taking sides'. Understandable to me.

But it's one more grain of sand that might eventually tip the scale.

Quite tepid. But at least it is shining a light on the majority of us who want the MINO gone.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/4624197-the-city-dirty-deeds-in-2014-mayoral-campaign-/
THE CITY: Dirty deeds in 2014 mayoral campaign?
David Nickle
Scarborough Mirror

East York school teacher Joe Killoran, who offered Mayor Ford a blistering, bare-chested rebuke as he joined a Canada Day parade, has become a poster boy for this nouveau fury.

Tommy Lenathen, a long-time city employee from Scarborough, is the equivalent to Doug Ford, as he came to city hall to excoriate the Ward 2 councillor for his remarks in The Etobicoke Guardian about autistic children.

It may, one supposes, emerge that these two and also the crowd of anti-Ford protesters who’ve been sitting vigil outside the mayor’s office are political operatives for one campaign or another.

It is more likely, however, that the people who are shouting over the mayor’s speeches and calling his brother a bigot are responding with genuine anger – at the racism, sexism, homophobia and lewdness that the mayor has expressed – that is not so much motivated as it is provoked.

Have they crossed a line, these protesters, in doing so? Of course they have.

As we trudge through the waning of Rob Ford’s 2010-2014 term of office, that line is so far behind us that we wouldn’t recognize it if we saw it

I would agree with that if it were me or any other woman who is not used to Ford.
But Stinz has worked with him a lot. She knows him.
If all he did was give a bogus apology, then she is not going to be so shaken as to forget her purse (with all her important 'stuff') in his office. Someone does that only when they have had the wind knocked out of them, so to speak, and need to high tail it out to catch their breath.
I am on the side of threatening her/bullying to make a deal.

I can imagine Ford coming up with a really insincere, smarmy apology that confronts her once again with the gross things he said, e.g., by actually repeating them verbatim.

Thanks. Now we need to assess how the posting date fits with the timeline (when LeeAnn was at GS, when Ford was, etc), assuming the post was made not too long after the event described ( and assuming FWIW that it is not fiction).

Rob driving the car into a fence would make total sense in the scheme of things, however I think he'd def. have to be drunk/high to do that. Best evidence would be to track down the licence plate of her car and find out about the "accident". Is there any way to do this?

Does anyone know where the PanAm press conference is that robbie is apparently attending?

http://www.toronto2015.org/news/archive/one-year-to-go-until-toronto-2015-pan-am-games-begin/893

"The festivities in Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square will start at 11:45 a.m. on Friday with the unveiling of the Cisco TORONTO 2015 Countdown Clock."

~~~

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 10:15AM

Mayor Rob Ford & Premier Kathleen Wynne both supposed to be in Nathan Phillips Square for Pan Am Games event today #TOpoli #onpoli

Is he officially going to be there?
I will send a polite e-mail saying I would love to go Taste of Kingsway, but not if Ford is in attendance as MINO.
It's literally, the least I can do.

But they're probably non committal because they don't want to be in any controversy.
Or seen 'taking sides'. Understandable to me.

But it's one more grain of sand that might eventually tip the scale.

No idea, but he was there last year. Polite emails in advance plus real-time criticism when he is there just reinforces that his brand is toxic. Hopefully people will think twice about inviting him.

In this city of a billion people...

BenSpurr 10:56am via Twitter for iPhone
Asked about mayor's vote on LGBTQ shelter, Doug Ford says youth shelters are only 75% full. In fact they are 92% full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back