News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 714     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC 19m
As Mayor lauds benefits of gas tax, Cllr Thompson pulls me aside to remind me gains were made at FCM- which Ford has long railed against.

OUR Mayor lauds the benefits of the gas tax?? WOW! Isn't that a new standard level of hypocrisy, or has the lying about his crack smoking obliterated his political hypocrisy with his personal hypocrisy? Crazy.

OUR Mayor lauds the benefits of the gas tax?? WOW! Isn't that a new standard level of hypocrisy, or has the lying about his crack smoking obliterated his political hypocrisy with his personal hypocrisy? Crazy.

Also mentions the expansion of the TTC fleet without ever managing to use the word 'bus', 'streetcar' or 'LRV'.

2 Legit 2 Quit. Like, f*cking EVER.

And the Hype Men chorus (Doug E Thug, Sober Coach aka Check My Kicks, and Jerry Silent Sentinel) goes:
OOOOooooooooh!!11111 Snapz!!!

Doug E Thug brief solo:

110%! You can't hurt this man!
Go run to your momma integrity commisioner!
No heuristics to the ballistics!

Smoking gun? Pfft, go hash it out!
Ooops, did I say too much?
No matter, here's a twenty, get yourself a platter.
-I'm- the DJ who's in it to spin it to win it.

OG, Raw doggin it Ford, rock the mic baby brutha!
Show these fools how we so hardcore underground,
you'll need a SUBWAY 5 thousand miles DEEP to reach us!

The most likely cause of Stintz's mood change is simply that she went into the office expecting an apology and just got some kind of half-assed excuse with Ford blaming his addiction and refusing to actually take responsibility for what he said. He probably thinks that not remembering saying something means that he's not responsible for it.

Having a disgusting man be disgusting in front of you is enough to sour any woman.

De-lurking to ask if I am the only one who remembers a posting put up on (I think) Reddit in the early days of Ford's vacation at Greenstone. The poster stated that the OPP was called to Greenstone because Ford tried to leave the property and drove a vehicle in to a fence. It was posted late at night and when I went back to check the thread in the morning, it was gone. Was I dreaming? I probably shouldn't follow this story before going to sleep. Does anyone else remember that posting?

Here's hoping that evvabeing, or another of the web research wizards on here, is probing via the WayBackMachine.

Last edited:
The most likely cause of Stintz's mood change is simply that she went into the office expecting an apology and just got some kind of half-assed excuse with Ford blaming his addiction and refusing to actually take responsibility for what he said. He probably thinks that not remembering saying something means that he's not responsible for it.

Having a disgusting man be disgusting in front of you is enough to sour any woman.

I would agree with that if it were me or any other woman who is not used to Ford.
But Stinz has worked with him a lot. She knows him.
If all he did was give a bogus apology, then she is not going to be so shaken as to forget her purse (with all her important 'stuff') in his office. Someone does that only when they have had the wind knocked out of them, so to speak, and need to high tail it out to catch their breath.
I am on the side of threatening her/bullying to make a deal.

And the Hype Men chorus (Doug E Thug, Sober Coach aka Check My Kicks, and Jerry Silent Sentinel) goes:
OOOOooooooooh!!11111 Snapz!!!

Doug E Thug brief solo:

110%! You can't hurt this man!
Go run to your momma integrity commisioner!
No heuristics to the ballistics!

Smoking gun? Pfft, go hash it out!
Ooops, did I say too much?
No matter, here's a twenty, get yourself a platter.
-I'm- the DJ who's in it to spin it to win it.

OG, Raw doggin it Ford, rock the mic baby brutha!
Show these fools how we so hardcore underground,
you'll need a SUBWAY 5 thousand miles DEEP to reach us!

WOOP WOOP!

Say it brutha!

The curious and deleted Craisglist post.
http://www.webcitation.org/6QynRszZ4
It is time to take off the gloves folks.
It is time to take off the gloves folks. Let's address what is going on here in the Toronto Mayor's race.

Rob and Doug Ford are civic minded beyond reproach and have given their time and money to charities and young people relentlessly for many years. They believe in "giving back" and are inbred in helping others who are less fortunate. Doug Ford donates all of his Councillor salary to charities. This information does not appear in the trashy Toronto Star a once great newspaper that is now simply a gossip mouthpiece and without any shame in its distorted and bullying attack on one individual - Rob Ford.

Rob Ford has helped many young boys through his football foundation and charities. He visits constituents and returns all his phone calls. Most other Councillors have assistants to return calls since they think they are too important to take time from meetings and meetings and meetings inside city hall.

No one in the business workd would take the abuse Rob has endured since he was elected. Now Doug is being viciously attacked in public as well.

No one in political life in my lifetime, and I have been there believe me, has ever had to put up with the harassment, bullying, several phony legal challenges and accusations that cost big money to defend, a planted reporter in the Rehab Centre where a sick Rob Ford tried to get away for the treatment everyone demanded he take and the incessant abuse from ignorant foul mouthed unproductive plants from his challengers' camps.

Folks, that's why you get the B team in elected politics. The A team don't want or need the daily attacks on their integrity by people who couldn't get a high paying job with great responsibilities in the private sector if they left their Councillor seat. They want to protect their families from witnessing the attacks on their character they have seen levelled against Rob Ford.

When l was a Councillor many of my colleagues had lunches with the reporters and drank sometimes to excess but this was off the record. They were tipsy at night meetings of Council. I am told one prominent Scarborough Provincial Government Cabinet Minister often had the police drive him home from a bar. This was not subject to reporters news stories.

We are all human and I have had my own problems with excessive drinking in elected office. I learned my lesson and now do not drink except one drink maybe at a party. Society has changed.
If any member of Toronto Council was subjected to the outrageous scrutiny every minute of the day that Rob Ford has endured they would not look any better in the public eye than Rob Ford. At least two have been caught with drinking and driving offences.

It is time to start talking about the good the Fords have done for thousands of people. They don't walk away from problems but go out of their way to help those in need without any expectation of reward or recognition. They are among an elite group of individuals who want to serve the public and build a better and more caring society.

The opponents of Rob Ford are opportunists who will stoop to any smear tactic or tactic to discredit Rob Ford and there are daily examples in the media each day to prove this.

This Mayoral election is getting dirty and will get dirty. Rob is a problem for them because he is generally liked by people because he is genuine unlike some of the other candidates.they just want the job and the prestige and power over others it brings you.

Rob and Doug Ford want to use their positions to help others and not for the glory.

Let's be reminded of the old saying: "If you can't say anything nice about a person then stay silent."

The Ford family took into their home a young Muslim boy who lived with them for many years. Doug built the Deco family into an international company by expanding into Chicago and the USA.

I am growing more and more tired of the relentless attacks on the Ford family. Enough is enough. People like me will start to speak up and complain over the unfair character assassination of Rob Ford in the Toronto Star.

Last edited:
Time to start ratcheting up the pressure. Email/tweet the organizers of your local community events. Ask them to publicly declare that Rob Ford does not represent your community's values and is not welcome.
Ford's getting active on the community circuit, so get in front of the message. Here's a rather non-committal reply from Taste of the Kingsway:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your e mail.

I appreciate your opinion and the information you provided.

Kind regards
Cathy Beaulieu
Chair

Kingsway BIA
3029 Bloor Street West
Etobicoke, Ontario, M8X 1C5
Tel: 416-239-8243
Fax: 416-239-5900
Web: www.kingswaybia.ca
Follow us on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/thekingswaybia
Like us on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/KingswayBusinessImprovementArea
Shop the Neighbourhood, Shop the Kingsway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back