1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 541     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely rare. As rare as a caiman cavorting in a High Park pond...

ddale8 8:05pm via Twitter for iPhone
Mayor Ford is doing an extremely rare pre-9 a.m. media event tomorrow, on Eglinton, likely to oppose the Eglinton Connects project.

He will be late and blame it on streetcars....

Does anyone have any ideas as to who Rob Ford's faux Sobriety Coach (@notbobmarier) might really be, because man, he is hitting all the right notes.

Ford Sobriety Coach ‏@notbobmarier 10m
Rob told me to chill at the cottage for the weekend. So I put "GreeneStone" in the GPS and voila, here I am #TOpoli

Ford Sobriety Coach ‏@notbobmarier 19m
Not even Sandro's bedbugs could survive a week in Rob & Renata's basement. Yikes #TOpoli

I want to favourite way too many of his tweets, and yet I don't want to look slutty.

Does anyone have any ideas as to who Rob Ford's faux Sobriety Coach (@notbobmarier) might really be, because man, he is hitting all the right notes.

Ford Sobriety Coach ‏@notbobmarier 10m
Rob told me to chill at the cottage for the weekend. So I put "GreeneStone" in the GPS and voila, here I am #TOpoli

Ford Sobriety Coach ‏@notbobmarier 19m
Not even Sandro's bedbugs could survive a week in Rob & Renata's basement. Yikes #TOpoli

I want to favourite way too many of his tweets, and yet I don't want to look slutty.

The first day I followed him/her I kept favouriting over and over. That's a great parody account!

♫ ...thunderbolts and lightning.... very very frightening..♪

[to tie that all back together nicely]

Nice. But you left out the Mama Mia! Mama Mia! Mama Mia! bit.

And the "let him go" bit too, for that matter. Doug really should let him go. And Rob should take the good councillor's counsel.

Last edited:
Just watched the Stephanie Smyth interview again.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...2014-toronto-mayor-answers-questions-24405337

Two things jumped out:

1. RoFo really looks heavily sedated. Contrast that with the Joe Wormington's soccer field clip, it's like two different persons.

2. His face was really red, like he had a sunburn but, as pointed out many pages ago, his hands were not. Do we have anyone in the medical field or familiar with pharmacology who could shed some light on this?

I think they cancelled the three remaining interviews shortly after this one. So I am wondering what happened. Did Robbie just refused to be put through this three more times or did his "camping" manager decide it probably wasn't such a good idea after all? Loved to have been a fly on the wall when they made that decision.:)

http://abcnews.go.com/International...2014-toronto-mayor-answers-questions-24405337

Two things jumped out:

1. RoFo really looks heavily sedated. Contrast that with the Joe Wormington's soccer field clip, it's like two different persons.

2. His face was really red, like he had a sunburn but, as pointed out many pages ago, his hands were not. Do we have anyone in the medical field or familiar with pharmacology who could shed some light on this?

I think they cancelled the three remaining interviews shortly after this one. So I am wondering what happened. Did Robbie just refused to be put through this three more times or did his "camping" manager decide it probably wasn't such a good idea after all? Loved to have been a fly on the wall when they made that decision.:)

Thanks for the link. I didn't watch it the first time and am watching now. He's definitely sedated and when she asked him if he was on drugs right now and he meekly said no, it spoke volumes. From her, she saw it and from him, his denial was weak.

I'm sure they cancelled the rest of the interviews because the 2 he did didn't go well.

Two things jumped out:

He's definitely stoned. Oxy?

Good lord his inability to open his eyes is infuriating.

He's definitely stoned. Oxy?

Good lord his inability to open his eyes is infuriating.

STONED out of his mind! Be it prescribed or otherwise, dude is on downers.

Wonder who's supplying him now?

Oh, recall his statement that he was "born with this disease...."! Could that mean, if true, fetal alcohol syndrome in some capacity???

Oh, recall his statement that he was "born with this disease...."! Could that mean, if true, fetal alcohol syndrome in some capacity???

I'm sure the meds are prescription, and that they are "okay, because a doctor said so". Worked for Elvis and MJ, carry on FoFam et al..
40+ years ago was a totally different standard for alcohol consumption while pregnant. Hell, smoking was cool too. But these types of things do tend to run in families... How the hell did Doug dodge that one the other three got in spades? Or is he just better at hiding it?

RoFo must go: time to get up close and personal

While I don’t think any one form of protest is less valid than another, maybe Pickles does have a point that we should step it up a notch. That might include speaking up person-to-person more often. Inform soft supporters of what the Fords’ really stand for. Let others know that the situation is unacceptable.

Whatever their form, as public protests continue, the stakes are now higher than just sending the BroFos packing before October 27. Politicians at all levels are watching this.

That the opposition to Ford grows in size and darkens in tone shows all levels of government that the public has limits in tolerance for incompetence, corruption, autocracy, hypocrisy, and epic partisan wastes of time.

As citizens of a country and city with civil rights, maybe we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard too.

Maybe we owe it to everyone else to use our free speech. Not just in letters, posts, signs and protests, shirtless or not. Tell your friends; tell your neighbours; tell your cow-orkers. RoFo must go*. We don’t want politicians like that, either left or right. It’s not “just†about City Hall. Fixing what’s broken is neither left nor right.

We don’t want disingenuous news reports pretending that reason exists in an elected office, where even basic donut-shop analysis can see none. It’s gotten that stupid, and it shows.

We don’t want 'Politics Lite' where “less†government also means less content, less transparency, less access, and more celebrity, more melodrama, more pro wrestling.

We’re not as dumb as all that. Trust me on this one.

* To that I’d add DoFo, Mamms and Minnan-Wong. You can too, if your fancy strikes.

Hmmm... I wonder what doctor would be prescribing narcotics to a supposed recovering addict.

I think that antipsychotics should be put in the mix of supposed drugs.

I'm sure the meds are prescription, and that they are "okay, because a doctor said so". Worked for Elvis and MJ, carry on FoFam et al..
40+ years ago was a totally different standard for alcohol consumption while pregnant. Hell, smoking was cool too. But these types of things do tend to run in families... How the hell did Doug dodge that one the other three got in spades? Or is he just better at hiding it?

Fetal alcohol syndrome... interesting... would Diane allow such info?

Looks like a drugged dancing bear, doing a slight variation of the same routine it's been doing before.

"Born with blonde hair, die with blond hair. Born an alcoholic...die an alcoholic". * (originally thought he said "born with..." Are you perfect? Past is the past. Gravy Subway Train.)

Sounds really fatalistic to me.
I wouldn't a trust a person suffering from this level of intoxication to drive a motor vehicle, operate heavy machinery,
or act as 'Da Mayor' of TO. Even in a non functioning symbolic capacity.
I'd trust his enablers entourage even less than zero.

This crack bear circus grows more grotesque and dangerous by the day.

Last edited:
There was a guy in one of the other pics from this morning that was one of the sign holders from the East York Parade event as well.

This will no doubt get me flak from some of the more sensitive posters, but I know exactly the guy you mean and he looks like a complete mutant. Whether or not it's polite to say so, his presence alone at Ford events, wearing Ford shirts and waving Ford flags with that glazed-eye, not-quite-there look of the true believer rube must do more to undermine the Ford brand and illustrate the true nature of his remaining base than any number of Twitter accounts and public protests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back