4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 664     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea on when to expect it to be released?

And will it show him drinking/using/being at the cottage?

Probably this week. I think a few media outlets have the same story in the works--the story behind Ford and McRobb, what Ford did in rehab etc. Not sure about specifics.

Turn on Global, live presser, he's being MERCILESSLY HECKLED. The camera is showing all the signs, one says "You are your brother's puppet".

It's INSANE!

His appearance speaks volumes, as far as I'm concerned. I saw nothing to suggest being a "fire victim" or anything of the sort, and would obviously consider that sort of thing to be utterly irrelevant, but I'm not going to pretend not to see a relationship between the guy's appearance and his prominence at Ford events. You are welcome to, but I'm just glad he's out there.

Though I wonder if we were to speak differently were he serving a more left-leaning politician--a lot of whom might (and do) make open use of volunteers w/obvious physical and/or mental ailments. (*Ethically*, of course. As opposed to DoFo, who'd be more the sort to use his 20-buck bills to lure poor saps from group homes and then hide behind a veil of false conscientiousness: "if it weren't for us, they'd be destitute or on the street", etc etc)

Someone called 911?

CP24 8:42am via TweetDeck
CP24's Karman Wong says police have arrived on Eglinton, where protesters heckled Ford. Ford's news conference is over and he is leaving.

Hahaha...

KatieSimpson24 8:42am via Twitter for iPhone
Mayor Ford is in his SUV. Not much room for the vehicle to leave.

Last edited:
Well done shirtless horde! That was chaos!

Ford was rattled, which is what is needed. Also he was unable to get his message across. CP24 focused more on the protest protesters.

The big thing is that it drove the message coming from the media to growing dissension and the integrity commissioner report, rather than Ford's agenda. CP24 even mentioned Apollo Beauty, which surprising yet wonderful. The narrative needs to be shifted.

Yep, it was far more effective than last week's protest - this one is live, the message got onto the screen, and Ford looks beleagured. Not looking like leadership material.

AoD

More Ford math.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m
When @CityCynthia asked what mayor thought of latest poll, Ford said he was tied with Chow in first at 35%. That's not what the poll says.

This was the first openly scheduled public appearance for Ford, and it was a disaster. Silverstein is getting a taste of what he signed up for.

Another amazing moment was when Ford scampered away in the Escalade with Jerry, and he described his reaction to new poll as "embarrassed". He was clearly knocked off his message there.

Also Massoudi ended up being interviewed, and scurrying away as quickly as possibly. They clearly were not prepared for this.

Between this morning, the forthcoming integrity commissioner recommended apology, McConnells motion about the press gallery and the mcrobb/rehab story, it's going to be a tough week for the camping.

Last edited:
And the thing is - this is going to embolden protestors. Expect RoDoFo to respond with protestors of their own, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turn to thugs to add some spice.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back