4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connie Harrison is just reaping what she sowed. She actually justified voting for Rob Ford because she felt threatened by the types of words that most politicians and public officials use ("fluff language to make people get baffled"). Now she has a politician who, as she describes, is "blunt and to the point". She watched quietly as that "blunt" language was directed toward women, gays, and minorities. Now she's crying foul once it gets directed toward fellow parents of autistic children?

This is basically a lesson for all of Ford's supporters. When you vote for someone based on hate and resentment, you're just going to get more hate and resentment. You're not going to get any solutions to the things that caused your hate and resentment in the first place.

Last edited:
True, but it doesn't negate the need for political leaders to connect with all, regardless of their ability to comprehend city materials.

AoD

Connie Harrison is just reaping what she sowed. She actually justified voting for Rob Ford because she felt threatened by the types of words that most politicians and public officials use ("fluff language to make people get baffled"). Now she has a politician who, as she describes, is "blunt and to the point". She watched quietly as that "blunt" language was directed toward women, gays, and minorities. Now she's crying foul once it gets directed toward fellow parents of autistic children?

This is basically a lesson for all of Ford's supporters. When you vote for someone based on hate and resentment, you're just going to get more hate and resentment. You're not going to get any solutions to the things that caused your hate and resentment in the first place.

She was also a complainant which led to the mini-inquiry convened by the Ontario Press Council:

"A more expansive complainant on the undercard Monday was Connie Harrison, who had objected to a Globe and Mail story about Doug Ford allegedly dealing hashish as a young man. Harrison took particular issue with the plethora of unidentified sources in the Globe article and spoke sharply to it."

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...as_we_believed_it_to_be_still_do_dimanno.html

3:30 on a Friday. Just sayin'.

Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 20m
Doug Ford just apologized for accusing me of a "jihadist attack" against Fords says his choice of words were inappropriate #topoli

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m

Sample quote from former Ford defender Connie Harrison: "Doug Ford my son has severe autism. You go to hell and take your brother with you."

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m

Connie Harrison filed the Press Council complaint over Globe article on Doug Ford's past. She has an autistic son, now calls Doug a "turd."

While it's awesome to see former supporters (so supportive that they went on record with their support) change their minds and go all anti-Ford...people like Connie piss me off. Assholes like Rob and Doug can treat people like shit all they want and they get cheered on by people like Connie cuz they're just tellin' it like it is, but as soon as she's the target of one of their disgusting comments, THEN she gets offended. Hey Connie, you can go to hell too for not having any empathy for any of their other victims until it affected you and your son personally. ARGH. So frustrating!

If only Rob and Doug could personally offend every member of Ford Nation before the election....(and judging by the roll they're on this week, it might just happen...)

How did Rob Ford end up coaching a high school football team, if they are doing "background checks" and seem to be flagging anyone who even "talks" to the police. See link.

Maybe we need to do "background checks" on candidates, if they didn't flag "everything" even "talking" to the police.

While it's awesome to see former supporters (so supportive that they went on record with their support) change their minds and go all anti-Ford...people like Connie piss me off. Assholes like Rob and Doug can treat people like shit all they want and they get cheered on by people like Connie cuz they're just tellin' it like it is, but as soon as she's the target of one of their disgusting comments, THEN she gets offended. Hey Connie, you can go to hell too for not having any empathy for any of their other victims until it affected you and your son personally. ARGH. So frustrating!

If only Rob and Doug could personally offend every member of Ford Nation before the election....(and judging by the roll they're on this week, it might just happen...)

Yes. It's illuminating though, isn't it? I often wonder how people end up voting for people like Ford, and I suppose Harrison's conversion suggests that some are focused extremely narrowly on their own immediate situation. I guess this isn't surprising, but it sure is depressing.

Last edited:
This is fabulous!
Rob Ford’s Twelve Steps to recovery
Tabatha Southey
Special to The Globe and Mail
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...rds-twelve-steps-to-recovery/article19463330/

Toronto’s mayor arrived back in town this week straight (well, I haven’t seen blood work) from his two-month stay in a rehab facility, and it’s clear we’re looking at a man who has turned around his life 360 degrees.

The press conference and interviews he has given suggest Rob Ford has changed so completely that he has gone back to being exactly (arrogant, self-pitying and entitled) the way he was before. The mayor has returned from whatever dark place he has been, bearing the wisdom of a man who just saw most of Clean and Sober on the plane.
1. We admitted we were powerless over people recording us while we are under the influence of alcohol, that our friends’ habit of taping us while we threaten (while slapping our belly) to poke someone’s eyes out and murder him (while we are wearing nothing but underwear), or even taping us while we are just smoking crack had become unmanageable. Then did nothing about it for a year.
4. Made a searching and fearless but entirely math-less inventory of the billion dollars we have saved taxpayers. Talked about it incessantly – sometimes in the hilarious accents of people we are paid to represent.
12. Finally, having heard others talk about having a spiritual awakening, we exploited the notion that we are ill without shame. We did it in a way that trivialized the very notion of recovery. We used our addiction to get a lot of sympathy, uncritical attention and as a permanent shield. We used the word “changed†a lot – and then didn’t.

3:30 on a Friday. Just sayin'.

Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 20m
Doug Ford just apologized for accusing me of a "jihadist attack" against Fords says his choice of words were inappropriate #topoli

Now she's back to being just a run-of-the-mill maggot...

Whose public event will he crash this weekend?

StrashinCBC 2:45pm via Twitter Web Client
Looking through the daily schedules of those running to be Mayor. Except for Mayor Ford who still refuses to provide one.

Last edited:
Whose public event will he crash this weekend?

StrashinCBC 2:45pm via Twitter Web Client
Looking through the daily schedules of those running to be Mayor. Except for Mayor Ford who still refuses to provide one.

Taste of Lawrence starts tonight with the one end is right at his camping office and all, & the Argo home opener tomorrow night are both good bets for an appearance.

Just read the transcript of his "apology"/camping speech. (Couldn't bear to watch or listen.)

I was really, really impressed. It was truly, truly earnest. I couldn't wait, couldn't wait, to read to the end. It was carefully, carefully crafted. He's clearly, clearly changed. It felt genuinely, genuinely authentic!

His words (15 repetitions in 14 paragraphs!):

serious, serious impact
long, long road
sincerely, sincerely apologize
never, never my intention
I deeply, I deeply regret
I am not, I am not asking
Thankfully, thankfully, we live
very, very difficult
I will keep, I will keep battling
I am determined, I am absolutely determined
We have come a long way. We have come a long way
much, much more
Again, again I sincerely want
very, very difficult time
many, many more years

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is just a (coke) dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back