377     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
[If he goes to the Argos game he will get the hero's welcome he wants and likely get a second wind after this disastrous week.

Just read the transcript of his "apology"/camping speech. (Couldn't bear to watch or listen.)

I was really, really impressed. It was truly, truly earnest. I couldn't wait, couldn't wait, to read to the end. It was carefully, carefully crafted. He's clearly, clearly changed. It felt genuinely, genuinely authentic!

His words (15 repetitions in 14 paragraphs!):

serious, serious impact
long, long road
sincerely, sincerely apologize
never, never my intention
I deeply, I deeply regret
I am not, I am not asking
Thankfully, thankfully, we live
very, very difficult
I will keep, I will keep battling
I am determined, I am absolutely determined
We have come a long way. We have come a long way
much, much more
Again, again I sincerely want
very, very difficult time
many, many more years

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is just a (coke) dream!

Chronical, *chronical* repeater...:p

Given a choice, Norm Kelly would rather talk to a duck running for mayor--

BrudrmDCUAAg6-T-2.jpg

Attachments

• BrudrmDCUAAg6-T-2.jpg
    BrudrmDCUAAg6-T-2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:
If he's a paying customer, why would he be told to leave?

Because he's in a drunken stupor and making racial and homophobic slurs at other customers.
Just going out on a limb here....have you been paying any attention the last couple of years?

As an adult Torontonian with autism, I take comfort in the fact that most of us on the spectrum have a very strong sense of "right and wrong" which often translates to a fixation on social justice. Ergo, we tend not to vote for the Fords anyway...

More from Mr. Lenathen in the Star:

“This is a dad with an autistic son speaking up about this moron upstairs. When Doug says something like this, it reminds me of that part of the horse’s anatomy you’ll find directly under the tail. That’s a polite way of calling him a horse’s ass. You can quote me on that one,†he says.
“What is this about – ‘jihad?’ I’m a dad looking after the rights of my autistic son and all the other kids like him. ‘Jihad’? I’m not a member of any terrorist organization.
“It’s a typical Doug Ford response. They seem to think they’re above the law down here. I went through the proper process of a complaint. He’s not only telling me to go to hell, he’s telling every parent of an autistic kid in this town to go to hell. He’s telling the commissioner’s office to go to hell. I jut can’t believe it. But I expect it from Doug Ford.â€

It is more than a bit corny and lame, but can anyone imagine Rob Ford even trying to pull something like this off?

Screenshot 2014-07-04 18.00.38.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-04 18.00.38.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-04 18.00.38.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 860
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back