375     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 679     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is more than a bit corny and lame, but can anyone imagine Rob Ford even trying to pull something like this off?

After you posted that, I checked out his page. Yes, he is corny, but this one was slick. :)

Norm Kelly @DMayorKelly · 10h
You CAN in fact buy loyalty! Adopt a Pet for $25 @ the Mega Pet Adoption Weekend: http://bit.ly/1j8jU3g #Toronto

Because he's in a drunken stupor and making racial and homophobic slurs at other customers.
Just going out on a limb here....have you been paying any attention the last couple of years?

Dollars to donoughts Rob will be at the Argos game. And so will Sober Coach. The real question, to my mind, is whether or not he sits in the stands in a not-so-concealed attempt to go fishing for attention. My bet is that he will. Dude may not have "dranken" today or yesterday, but he's got a huge pile of baggage still to unpack.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone(s) who was angry enough and had the opportunity gave Doug the Billy Batts treatment.

If he called me names to my face, I can't guarantee he wouldn't be on the receiving end of a knuckle sandwich. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a reporter.

While it's awesome to see former supporters (so supportive that they went on record with their support) change their minds and go all anti-Ford...people like Connie piss me off. Assholes like Rob and Doug can treat people like shit all they want and they get cheered on by people like Connie cuz they're just tellin' it like it is, but as soon as she's the target of one of their disgusting comments, THEN she gets offended. Hey Connie, you can go to hell too for not having any empathy for any of their other victims until it affected you and your son personally. ARGH. So frustrating!

Isn't that classic conservatism. They love the "tell it as it is" politically incorrect blow hard, until they "tell it as it is" against you. How often do we see somebody support the "anti-gay" movement in the States, until their kid comes out of the closet and all of a sudden the same person believes in gay rights.

I looked a bit closer at today Forum numbers and it should be title, "I went to rehab and nobody gave a F". Ford approval is still at 31%, worst of all candidates (from April to now 46, 38, 28,32, current 31%) Compare that too Tory 63% and Chow 57%. In a five way race Ford drops to third with Chow leading with 36%, Tory 27%, Ford 26%, Soknacki 4%, Stintz 3%. In a top three race Chow leads with 38%, Tory 30% and Ford 28%. These numbers have been very consistent.

What is interesting is his "rehab numbers" (you will see a pattern) Will you vote for Ford? (Yes-26%, 69%-No). Will you vote for Ford if he stays clean? (Yes-26%, No-67%). Do you think Ford will stay clean? (Yes-26%, No-57%). Should Ford resign Yes-62% (up from 58%) Satisfactory explanation and apology (Yes-34%, No-60%). Can be effective Mayor battling alcoholism (Yes-34%, No-61%). Should Ford get his stripped responsibilities back (Yes-32%, No-63%).

What really shows the camps are stuck. The 25% Ford people will vote for Ford no matter what, it doesn't matter if he is a junkie or not. They will vote for him. But the big story is that it seems that not many care if he stays sober or not. The numbers of will you vote for him and will you vote for him if he's sober it doesn't change. It's also interesting that there are some people that forgive him and wants him to finish his term but still say will not vote for him this elections. Why 32% think he should get his powers back but only 26% say will vote for him even if he's sober. Ford looks like he got a 25% that will support him no matter what (unless the bottom totally falls out) but it looks like under any circumstance he can break 30%.

So, wait, the Mayor of Toronto can't actually be trusted out on his own without a babysitter to make sure he doesn't hit the sauce, and he wants to be re-elected. OK.

"any new charges or convictions" says he has some already:

Michael Marier (Report No. 5837)
Applicant for a Building Renovator's Licence (Application No. B290866).
DECISION:
The Tribunal approved the following joint recommendation:
Michael Marier's application (No. B290866) for a building renovator's licence will be granted, effective immediately, subject to the following conditions:
(1) immediately upon being issued, the licence will be placed on probation for a period of one (1) year;
(2) prior to the next renewal of the licence, Mr. Marier must provide to Municipal Licensing and Standards, at his own expense, an updated abstract of his criminal record check;
(3) during the probationary period, if Mr. Marier incurs any new charges or convictions under the Criminal Code, he must notify Municipal Licensing and Standards, in writing, within five (5) business days; and(4) during the probationary period, if any new Criminal Code charges or convictions raise a concern to Municipal Licensing and Standards, those matters and report No. 5837 and any updating material may be brought back before the Tribunal for a full hearing.

I would imagine that come election day, based on what we know about Forum's polling procedures, Ford will garner far less than 26% of the vote. And that is without factoring in whatever is still to come.

So, wait, the Mayor of Toronto can't actually be trusted out on his own without a babysitter to make sure he doesn't hit the sauce, and he wants to be re-elected. OK.

I am still trying to figure out why an autistic kid needs to be locked up and away from society according to Ford, but the long-term junkie, drunk driving, criminal associating, grown man deserves the highest profile job in the city.

Wonder if his sober coach is related to the person in this article?
From the Grid TO article mentions that Michael 's dad is named Bob

http://m.thegridto.com/?origref=htt...icle/525458dacb00716ad80132a9-then-now-empire

Looking into the name Michael Marier I found this

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2012/agendas/committees/tl/tl120607/tldd.pdf

according to a french cbc article, bob marier is originally from montreal... does that help figure it out?

here's the article: http://m.radio-canada.ca/regions/ontario/2014/07/04/016-ford-coach-sobriete.shtml

it also mentions that it's a paid position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back