4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is basically setting us up for his relapse. Refuses to directly answer whether he'd be open to drug testing in the future, just given the "I know I didn't drink yesterday, I know I didn't drink today..."
The first time he said it (because he has to keep repeating those talking points), he said he "hadn't dranken" today. I guess that's how people with chronical addictions speak.

The best part was when he said "I'll take it one day at a time" when asked if he'd attend Pride in the future, which I took to mean as "I might be too wasted/high that day so no promises".

I'd like to hear some of the people here who have addressed the addiction/rehab side of all this say what they thought of Ford repeating that jargon and the extent to which he actually got it. It seemed to me he didn't really understand the disease aspect, except as an excuse, for example.

i also got the impression (you know, from TV and books and stuff) that people in recovery can speak about the moment they hit rock bottom and/or decided to enter rehab. I thought it surprising Ford had no clue when he decided to go (though I also presume it's really because Doug told him the Globe/Sun stories were coming and it was time to finally execute their long-in-the-works rehab & recovery plan.)

The first time he said it (because he has to keep repeating those talking points), he said he "hadn't dranken" today. I guess that's how people with chronical addictions speak.

Ya, gotta love scripted interviews. It would have been nice to have an Interactive Robbie, one that could answer questions. ;)

Dwight did better than I expected, and asked the hard questions. However, he should have been more relentless.
When asking about speaking with the police, he was directing them to the lawyer.
The lawyer can't answer if Rob will speak to the police. That is Rob's decision to make.

"Will you now speak with the police?"
"Speak with my lawyer."
Huh?
Can he not make his own decisions? Stupid puppet.

Rob Ford's Return (June 30, 2014 - )

It sure seems to me that he was either heavily sedated or high on something during those interviews.

I noticed that too. And sweatier. (studio type lighting is hotter than hell, so that could be a big part)

For the heat reason, many studios are now equipped with LED lighting panels, rather than the hot halogens of before. They allow for greater control of colour temperature, cost far less in electricity costs, AND don't throw off anywhere near as much heat (the heat they do throw is generally from a heatsink on the back, rather than radiating towards the talent).

Ford's sweating because he's sweaty and nervous.

It sure seems to me that he was either heavily sedated or high on something during those interviews.
The only time he showed any emotion was when he said he "loves the job" and then went off on a ramble about triggers and stresses ... none of which include being Mayor of the fourth-largest city in North America.

Rob Ford says he's tried every drug you can name.

Stephanie Smyth said "name one".

Damn, what a missed opportunity. He's not supposed to name the drugs, Stephanie, you are.

Heroin, Mr. Ford? Have you tried heroin? Have you just "tried" it or have you used it many times? How many?

Powdered cocaine, Mr. Ford? Have you used it? Did you use it at the Bier Markt as the server reported? Have you used it many times?

Crack cocaine, Mr. Ford? There are two video recordings of you apparently smoking it. Were you smoking crack in those videos?

You entered a bathroom with Sandro Lisi at the A/C centre and stayed in there for a long time together. Were you using drugs in that bathroom? Which drugs?

You entered bathrooms at Muzik and at a pub in B.C. and stayed in them for over an hour, emerging incoherent. Were you using drugs in those bathrooms? Which drugs?

This journalistic pussyfooting drives me crazy.

Damn, what a missed opportunity. He's not supposed to name the drugs, Stephanie, you are.

Heroin, Mr. Ford? Have you tried heroin? Have you just "tried" it or have you used it many times? How many?

Powdered cocaine, Mr. Ford? Have you used it? Did you use it at the Bier Markt as the server reported? Have you used it many times?

Crack cocaine, Mr. Ford? There are two video recordings of you apparently smoking it. Were you smoking crack in those videos?

You entered a bathroom with Sandro Lisi at the A/C centre and stayed in there for a long time together. Were you using drugs in that bathroom? Which drugs?

You entered bathrooms at Muzik and at a pub in B.C. and stayed in them for over an hour, emerging incoherent. Were you using drugs in those bathrooms? Which drugs?

This journalistic pussyfooting drives me crazy.

Yup. And when Ford doesn't answer a question they just move onto another question. ASK THE QUESTION AGAIN. Argh. Man, would I love to cross examine him.

For the heat reason, many studios are now equipped with LED lighting panels, rather than the hot halogens of before. They allow for greater control of colour temperature, cost far less in electricity costs, AND don't throw off anywhere near as much heat (the heat they do throw is generally from a heatsink on the back, rather than radiating towards the talent).

Ford's sweating because he's sweaty and nervous.

Didn't notice the interviewers sweating under the same conditions.

And then we get that final, glorious red-faced quote, the one no doubt they'll chisel on his tombstone.

CP24 1:23pm via Twitter Web Client
"I can't change the past. I wish I could," Ford says in conclusion.

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC 1m

Whatever happens come election, Ford crack scandal will be worldwide news again, once video is released by courts...likely in 2015. #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back