374     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 678     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Mayor Assclown backing out of his CTV chat, well...the optics don't look good, do they? So he's going to refuse to talk to people who aren't sufficiently kiss-ass to his satisfaction? And arbitrarily cancel interviews he's already agreeed to? Yeah, that looks oh-so professional.
He's probably wishing he'd backed out of that CBC interview. Dwight asked much better questions that I had expected.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1428052/5-signs-rob-fords-comeback-isnt-going-so-well/

July 2, 2014 11:41 am
5 signs Rob Ford’s comeback isn’t going so well
By Erika Tucker Global News
1. Apology for “gross comments” denied
2. Heckles and jeers cut short his Canada Day parade
3. Confronted by an angry, shirtless jogger

4. Ford’s November knock-over says she’s still in physio

When Ford saw his brother in a heated argument last November, he knocked over Coun. Pam McConnell in his rush to help. She said Monday she didn’t think he’d spent enough time in rehab.

“I’m not sure that Torontonians really want to hear from him that much,” she told the National Post, adding that her hip hasn’t completely recovered from the impact. “But more importantly as someone who was crushed by the mayor and is still in physiotherapy, I wish you all good luck and I hope that some of you will stay well away from the crush.”

5. Ford-friendly Toronto Sun publishes op-ed calling for resignation

I feel really sad for Pam. She did indeed get 'crushed' by Ford. Being an older person, I am sure it will be a tough slog for her to recover.

Rob Ford says he's tried every drug you can name.

Stephanie Smyth said "name one".

So he admits to using mushrooms. When prodded, now denies "snorting, smoking, or shooting heroin".

He backed off on the heroin thing. I guess someone told him that wasn't going to play. Amazing that he thinks he can contradict himself in two interviews conducted ten minutes apart.

Good questions were asked, not many good answers.
At least now he fully admits he has severe drugs and alcohol problems.

I wish Dwight (or someone) would ask one specific follow-up: When Rob says he won't talk to the cops, the reply should be "but how can the public trust you when you continue to hide information, even if you're acting on the advice of your lawyer? How can that conflict be a basis for holding public office?"

Otherwise, I'd say Dwight totally smoked Mansbridge. A good interview.

He backed off on the heroin thing. I guess someone told him that wasn't going to play. Amazing that he thinks he can contradict himself in two interviews conducted ten minutes apart.
Hey, the CBC interview was in the past so it doesn't count any more.

Plus, he has a disease, dammit. He isn't responsible for anything he says or does.

1297567104893_ORIGINAL.jpg

Well done.

Didn't hear the interview with CBC, just read the posts here. Good on Dwight Drummond for putting his feet to the fire. I guess we have to rely on the low-profile local CBC journalists to do the real work, and not big marquee names like Mansbridge.

I hope more of this McRobb relationship comes to the forefront, especially if she was helping with the errands while he was in RobHab. "Ended those assocations", and he said that with a straight face. More lies. Can't wait for the wheels to fall off this wagon.

I want everyone here to know that I posted yesterday and I'm posting today....but any other questions about future posts, I just can't answer.
If you have any questions about that, you'll have to ask my lawyer what he told me about what to say to questions like that.

He is basically setting us up for his relapse. Refuses to directly answer whether he'd be open to drug testing in the future, just given the "I know I didn't drink yesterday, I know I didn't drink today..."

Good questions were asked, not many good answers.
At least now he fully admits he has severe drugs and alcohol problems.

To a point. For someone who was an addict when he was 3 (chocolate milk is a gateway drug don't ya know) he seems pretty unsure about the future of what he will do when he faces his next sobriety challenge. "One day at a time" is a mantra for recovery, and a good one, in fact it should be followed by a lot of people, but I digress... the point? How can he keep dodging poignant questions and think he looks credible, especially questions about being mayor if he is comprised by drug use.

I must admit that I have never heard of a multipurpose addiction.

To a point. For someone who was an addict when he was 3 (chocolate milk is a gateway drug don't ya know) he seems pretty unsure about the future of what he will do when he faces his next sobriety challenge. "One day at a time" is a mantra for recovery, and a good one, in fact it should be followed by a lot of people, but I digress... the point? How can he keep dodging poignant questions and think he looks credible, especially questions about being mayor if he is comprised by drug use.

I must admit that I have never heard of a multipurpose addiction.

He can't even answer whether he'll ever go to Pride, so deep is he into his "one day at a time..." boilerplate. Kind of sad, especially if you watch both interviews back to back and see him repeating lines multiple times.

Rob Ford says he's tried every drug you can name.

Stephanie Smyth said "name one".

So he admits to using mushrooms. When prodded, now denies "snorting, smoking, or shooting heroin".

Why say you did every drug you can name and then when asked about a named drug he says he didn't. Whaaaat lol

I know everybody wants to be the "exclusive" but it would be cool to have the network exchange interviews and show each other and show how Ford story change from interview to interview.

This disease excuse it just too much. Is it a disease? Yes. But you caused it. It's like lung cancer is a disease but if you smoke a bunch, you kind of a caused it. Or diseases from eating unhealthy. The disease is the results of your bad decisions.

The thing with Ford is that he tries to treat the abnormal as normal. Yes there is alcoholics in many families. But it's a very odd case for that to turn into somebody "trying" every drug you can name. That is somebody with some connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back