News   Apr 25, 2024
 961     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
coyleWERDZ 3:56pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I've never heard anyone emerge from rehab and not specifically mention their children.

Yep, or how sorry they are to their spouse and all the lies they told their immediate family.

Mentioning taxpayers more frequently than family is very telling.

Based on my own experience I think Greenstone was a port in a storm and nothing more for him.

Let's see how fast we get some Kathy/Lisi/Bellisimo/Basso/Payman pics showing he hasn't cut ties.

P.S. If he really did cut ties with Lisi, now is Lisi's time to play RAT, he has fuck all to lose and lots to gain and it's well known he's a rat and those sorts don't fare well in the graybar hotel.

If he's really going to cut ties now would be a great time to schedule a chat with Sgt Giroux.

Let's see how fast we get some Kathy/Lisi/Bellisimo/Basso/Payman pics showing he hasn't cut ties.

P.S. If he really did cut ties with Lisi, now is Lisi's time to play RAT, he has fuck all to lose and lots to gain and it's well known he's a rat and those sorts don't fare well in the graybar hotel.

Bad acting job, bad speech, bad foray into campaign mode, too long. Surprised he wasn't wearing his chips around his neck. How can he not pronounce Toronto properly? Same old Rob, less the booze & drugs, which I do hope he can overcome.

While I don't wish an early demise on anyone, I'm just gonna put this out on the table:

If he really was in rehab and went through detox and has been sober for a few weeks, his next relapse could be his last.

It takes time to build up tolerance to substances and that tolerance is reduced when you have been detoxed and sobered up. An addict doesn't always think to reduce his intake because how would he know how much to reduce by anyway. So if he does what he did pre-rehab, I would not be surprised if he ODs. Many addicts' overdoses come on the heels of rehab. See Cory monteith last year.

I wonder why he isn't apologizing to specific individuals or put a name to the things he has done. He can't speak the words.

ETA: Oh. Now he's adding a bit of actual detail. Not much. But some.

To me, it still came across as more of an "I'm sorry that you were offended" than "I'm sorry for the hurtful things I said" type of apology - and it certainly doesn't sound like he's started to think about why his racist, sexist and homophobic comments are hurtful and offensive, or actually work to change his underlying attitudes.

I'm also disappointed (though not surprised) that he doesn't seem to have made the conceptual leap from "my addiction is a lifelong disease that requires treatment" to "other people who abuse drugs also suffer from an illness and need treatment and support" as opposed to jail.

So what's next - a bag of chips and a football cake for the city councillors at 4:30? When is he sitting down with the anointed media for one-on-one interviews?

If he had really learned anything in rehab, he would know that he can't control things, and that he has no power. He should know that he can only manage his behaviour by making better choices and modifying expectations. I think that he still expects that he will carry on business as usual, and that when it doesn't work out for him, he will resort to his past predictable ways.

If he had really learned anything in rehab, he would know that he can't control things, and that he has no power. He should know that he can only manage his behaviour by making better choices and modifying expectations. I think that he still expects that he will carry on business as usual, and that when it doesn't work out for him, he will resort to his past predictable ways.

I agree, he sounds more like Kathy, who according to herself is a "former addict".

There does seem to be a disconnect between him saying, right off the bat, that he was in denial and now understands he has triggers, and then ending by saying he wants to be mayor for another 4 years, all while confronting this disease.

Are we to believe NONE of his triggers have to do with work stress, living in the spotlight (especially when he will still be asked questions about the past) etc.? Are we to believe no one in rehab suggested maybe hanging out with Doug day in day out (as he obviously would on a campaign trail) was a trigger or danger of any kind?

He used the words control and power in his speech too, which is not part of what cognitive behavioral therapy teaches people. The speech is more of the same stuff he thinks someone in recovery would say. He has not taken steps to make amends, or else he would have met with Karen Stintz and others before the speech to actually sit down with and listen to how they were hurt by him, he has not taken accountability at all.

I actually managed to make it down to show my support for RFMG today. The speech was utterly painful to listen to. I don't believe for one second that anything has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back