News   May 03, 2024
 596     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 287     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
AriGoldkind 5:28pm via Twitter for Android
The way he left that room, with his back to the media and to 80% people of Toronto. Says it all.

Proud to say I didn't watch it in mainstream media. I did follow it here and on twitter.

Same ol Ford, I was going to say "At least his lying seems more sincere" then bang he went onto the campaign speech and lost the microscope of sincerity went out the window.

I did listen to CFRB for just a few minutes, they had a right-wing comedian Bullard and his former campaign manager Adrienne Batra on, as caller repeated what I said about him losing any credibility because of the end of the speech. They try to defend it by saying we should "Ignore his last part and just pay attention to the beginning, he's sincere" lol same old enablers. The last part of the speech is the window of what Ford is all about, it's all about campaigning.

Doolittle wrote it's such a similar speech that he did after admitting the crack video, including reminding everybody how "Great a mayor he is" . She's right. It's the exact same song and dance. Other peoples fault (those bad influences), he's the victim. Moving on. He's sorry but really does nothing that a normal person who figured he was at fault does (ie resign, admit he's not capable of the position) no questions. Vote for me as nobody can do what I do. Runs off.

This is humorous, a synopsis with omitting content and adding context:

I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford

about an hour ago

MAYOR SPEECH IN REVIEW: Credits Greenstone with saving his life. Extreme contrition to all he offended, including naming Karen Stintz directly. Accepts that his addictions are a disease that will require non-stop treatment and vigilance for the rest of his life. Accepts that his actions were embarrassing, disgraceful, etc. Promises that he will now begin to work harder than ever on behalf of the taxpayers of Toronto to stop the Gravy Train! Next four months will be concentrated on earning back the trust of the people of Toronto. Thanks the media for respecting the privacy of him and his fellow patients at Greenstone, but specifically says he will NOT be asking for forgiveness from the media for any of his actions. Lists his accomplishments and says there's much more work to be done. On the verge of tears at many times during the statement. Media ends by hurling questions about Lisi, racism, Dixon Bloods, and other inuendo, as he ends his speech and walks away. Verdict: THANK GOD HE'S NOT GIVING UP ON THE TAXPAYERS OF TORONTO! Wither Ford, Wither the Taxpayer. FORD MORE YEARS we will be fighting for you, Rob!

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but did anyone see the face rub and pushback the security guard did on the pro Ford supporter on Ford's initial run into his office? Cp24 was showing it, but not mentioning it.

I think it was the pro ford guy camped out at city hall too. Old guy in something like a scout outfit with red beret.

I am horrible with uniforms, any idea what that uniform is from.

I know that some anti-Ford people could come off as a bit odd at times. But wow the number of visuasl of pro-Ford people who's got "the crazies" is always way above the average.

I kind of wish the media took a stand against him and stand together for media credibility. It's happened before when the WH wanted to shut out Fox news from press conference (Fox has been brutal towards the President and unlike the media to Ford, literally making things up) but the other media members protested and forced Fox back with a seat. Seeing how gutless 90% of the media members here (don't ask tough questions, the ones that do they allow government to black ball them) Seriously stand up for media integrity. That's a big story of this whole Ford debacle.

I keep remember the Fat F*ck video that happened before Ford became mayor. Somebody on here made a great mention. As Ford and Mammo bullied that reporter, nobody else stood up to Ford to help their colleague.

From The Grid:

"Rob Ford’s too-little, too-late campaign speech was an insult"

"And that’s the problem, or one problem, is in the midst of a speech meant to show how he was a changed man, he very visibly demonstrated that he was not changed—that this was his standard speech modified to suit new circumstances."

So you think he can still win? Or will chow take it all?

His one-on-one interviews should be telling, I'm very curious as to how they will go. The next Council meeting should be entertaining too. I think he'll be back to his usual rhetoric, lies and shenanigans (less alcohol & drugs) in no time. We'll also have to give some time to the Toronto Star to see what they are sitting on. Ford is done. The race is anyone else's to win, hopefully Chow.

His one-on-one interviews should be telling, I'm very curious as to how they will go. The next Council meeting should be entertaining too. I think he'll be back to his usual rhetoric, lies and shenanigans (less alcohol & drugs) in no time. We'll also have to give some time to the Toronto Star to see what they are sitting on. Ford is done. The race is anyone else's to win, hopefully Chow.

CP24 had a pretty good point today. Chow needs Ford to stay in to win, Tory needs Ford to bow out to win.

Sadly, this election rests on Ford still. If he's truly rehabbed and no slip ups, Chow wins. Depending on the severity of his next downfall (of which, there is no doubt) it may give Tory the propulsion to win.

If they have anything. I'm getting sad about the whole thing. No one says anything and what is said never sticks.
I always loved toronto. It makes me want to weep

nice that he apologised to Councillor Stintz. Would also be nice if he had apologised to Chief Blair for calling him that disgusting name.
Ford still has not apologized to Stintz. Not personally.
He could have called her any day in the past 2 months to apologize, if he was sincere at all.

He also said nothing about cooperating with the police in their Sandro investigation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back