554     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 551     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this speech is basically "Look at all that I accomplished while I was a total fuck-up----Imagine what I could do sober!"

He totally blew it by bringing up his so-called accomplishments. That should not have been mentioned at all, if he really has changed.

It sounds like listing his accomplishments is almost making him cry.

I can't decide which would been more pathetic: Acting all emotional in the first half and then sucking it up to talk about this accomplishments or what he did, crying as much about the gravy train as about how Greenstone saved his life.

He totally blew it by bringing up his so-called accomplishment. That should not have been mentioned at all, if he really has changed.

I agree. if he'd stopped before that, we'd all still have been calling BS on him but it would have been a concerted effort. It was very cynical of him (and arguably illegal) to start campaigning in the midst of that. He just COULD NOT hold off.

Mostly a lurker, but just watching the feed on CityNews and he does not look well. Maybe lost a couple pounds but he has the yellow blotchy skin of someone who is pretty sick. I'm putting my vote towards not making it to October. Also hilarious and weak that he couldn't give just one speech without going back to his gravy train mantra. Nothing changes.

Questions about cooperating with police, McRobb driving his car ...

How long do you think it'll be before people start commenting on how Sober Rob is also kind of a jerk?

Reduce, reuse, recycle...

robyndoolittle 3:53pm via Twitter for iPhone
That speech was VERY similar to the speech he gave last November after the crack video was recovered by police.

I think he was sincere in the early bits —*at least sincere in that moment — but if he was really changed, he would have been able to speak more precisely about the mistakes he has made and the people he harmed as a result of his problems. He still can't speak about it explicitly. That doesn't bode well, IMO. What say you folks who know more about treatment than me?

I think he was sincere in the early bits —*at least sincere in that moment — but if he was really changed, he would have been able to speak more precisely about the mistakes he has made and the people he harmed as a result of his problems. He still can't speak about it explicitly. That doesn't bode well, IMO. What say you folks who know more about treatment than me?

If he was truly sincere, he would have resigned. No ifs ands or buts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back