773     0 
News   Jun 18, 2024
 543     0 
News   Jun 18, 2024
 1.7K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Council is meeting most of next week. It will be interesting to see what's on the agenda. Though presumably he would be present for the Executive Committee meeting starting at 10 AM tomorrow ... though he doesn't have to say anything ...

Tomorrow's a holiday.

Ford still has not apologized to Stintz. Not personally.
He could have called her any day in the past 2 months to apologize, if he was sincere at all.

He also could have instructed his brother to stand down against her in that ridiculous campaign list witch hunt but there too he elected not to do so.

Nothing's changed. Come November hopefully the only "subway" he'll be pitching will be a footlong veggie on wheat during a weight-loss ad as the new Jared.

I am horrible with uniforms, any idea what that uniform is from.

It appears to be the desert tans of the FNVEF (Ford Nation Volunteer Expeditionary Force).

The beret is CF Military Police (MP). The Canadian Forces button on the cap is handed out to kids at parades (here it is taking the place of a hat badge). The spare lid looks like a standard US army ball cap. The shirt is from the Canadian Army summer uniform that was discontinued in 1996. The epaulets are CF army standard, with what looks to be a unique arrangement of officer's pips - perhaps he holds the rank of Captain (slanted). The City of Toronto pin on the left epaulet is not part of any Commonwealth dress regulation. The shorts appear to have been acquired at no cost to the Crown, most likely via a haberdasher such as Sears or Zellers.

While not believed to be large in number, the FNVEF make up for their lack of organization, direction and training with barely-contained rage against the system, a fierce loyalty to their leader and a healthy supply of Depends.

^Perfect.

coyleWERDZ 7:19pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
It was like RoFo'd read about rehab rather thn bn there. Any casual observer of recent mos. cld hv mustered as revealing an account.

It appears to be the desert tans of the FNVEF (Ford Nation Volunteer Expeditionary Force).

The beret is CF Military Police (MP). The Canadian Forces button on the cap is handed out to kids at parades (here it is taking the place of a hat badge). The spare lid looks like a standard US army ball cap. The shirt is from the Canadian Army summer uniform that was discontinued in 1996. The epaulets are CF army standard, with what looks to be a unique arrangement of officer's pips - perhaps he holds the rank of Captain (slanted). The City of Toronto pin on the left epaulet is not part of any Commonwealth dress regulation. The shorts appear to have been acquired at no cost to the Crown, most likely via a haberdasher such as Sears or Zellers.

While not believed to be large in number, the FNVEF make up for their lack of organization, direction and training with barely-contained rage against the system, a fierce loyalty to their leader and a healthy supply of Depends.

colonelDeBeers1.jpg

Hilarious! And May The Fordz Be With You! :D

Attachments

• colonelDeBeers1.jpg
    colonelDeBeers1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 902
His one-on-one interviews should be telling, I'm very curious as to how they will go. The next Council meeting should be entertaining too. I think he'll be back to his usual rhetoric, lies and shenanigans (less alcohol & drugs) in no time. We'll also have to give some time to the Toronto Star to see what they are sitting on. Ford is done. The race is anyone else's to win, hopefully Chow.

I think he he can pull it out if he can stay quiet. He still has his base and apparently Chow is not liked by some. Then again he has run out of chances and many recognize he is a barrier to Toronto's future.

Gawd FFS, uniform is everything - and wearing this mix sounds like an awfully good way to dishonour the various components of it.

AoD

Ford supporters do like their "costumes". Here's one fan from Rob's last rally.

BldWglvCAAEnED0.jpg

Attachments

• BldWglvCAAEnED0.jpg
    BldWglvCAAEnED0.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,135
Coming in late. Listening to that abomination via infrequent and progressively more infuriating radio blasts.

Well, that was one for the ages, eh. 'Chronicle health issues'. They have been well told, grant him that. But that waste of everybody's time, it seems to me, went like this:

"Sadz, I haz sadz. Enjoy some therepeutic buzzwords. Lie. Weak apology 1. Then, 'Sorry if you're not cool with it, man'. Followed by out-of-place transition to poor rhetorical flourish. Anyway...gravy train. Trust me. Thanks. G'night."

Tory's response was awful, too. Milquetoast scolding from the don of UCC.

I got there after Ford arrived and when I heard he just walked through the media without a word, I knew we were in for more of the same. Not unexpected at all, of course.

We listened to the speech out on the second floor to much laughter at certain times. Did you guys see the 2 guys with cutouts of Ford that were larger than life and said "Thug Nation"? I think they were told to leave but the media was around them for the time they were there.

Also, I haven't watched the speech yet. I saw Daniel Dale's twitter feed and he said he asked about the homophobia etc. and was told if he said anything more he'd be removed. Were you guys able to hear that? I'm so glad he did but wish others would have, too. That campaign speech was absolute garbage and is not allowed at City Hall.

Singing Jimmy was going from group to group while we were there. At one point one tv station interviewed him and asked him to sing so he sang "for he's a jolly good fellow". Later, he gave a very passionate speech about Ford and was sobbing. Very odd people, this Ford Nayshun. The guy in the "Born straight and proud" t-shirt was also there and he had a second t-shirt with I love Rob Ford on the front and "Toronto's elected mayor" on the back. Now that I think of it, he's proud of not being gay but loves another man. Hmmmm...

There was a woman on a scooter who was horrified with the sit in and when she tried to back up to leave she almost ran over one of the sitters. When told to be careful, she said he shouldn't be there. Ford nation, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back