582     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 555     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 688     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this was mentioned a few days ago... one section of the "Rehab is AMAZING" Wormington article stated:

"His family knows where he is and he is in regular contact with his children.
“They know I am getting help but they don’t know why,†he said"

I remember when I first read this I thought it was peculiar and deliberate that mention of Renata was not made. Kinda reenforced the Renata/Rob split rumours for me.

People trying to suggest Tim Hortons is in some kind of cahoots or conspiracy sound as ridiculous as Doug accusing everyone of being in the lefty elitist latte sipping conspiracy. It just doesn't make any sense.

Not saying Doug made sense yesterday. Not saying the teen girl isn't genuine. Just thinking it's time to let it go.

How about almost no one has said this and people are allowed to think for themselves?

How about almost no one has said this and people are allowed to think for themselves?

I never said they couldn't. I offered my opinion.

And there certainly are people alluding the idea that Tim's did this for some nefarious or conspiratorial reason, both in this forum and elsewhere on the web.

I don't think this was mentioned a few days ago... one section of the "Rehab is AMAZING" Wormington article stated:

I remember when I first read this I thought it was peculiar and deliberate that mention of Renata was not made. Kinda reenforced the Renata/Rob split rumours for me.

That kinda ties in to the suit/sweatsuit change thing for me, that he left the house in a suit looking all businessy for the kids (I'm off on a business trip / professional training / whatever sounds good in that house, for a while...) gets to the not too far away timmys and changes for the drive off to Muskoka, or Guelph or wherever... My question with that is, Rob wears a suit & tie to smoke crack, why would he change to drive for an hour or two?

I love this girl, and she's only 16 - look out world!

Agreed. One can't help wishing that a lot more people in Toronto's government and media would show so much as an ounce of Cayla Clarkson's spine and willingness to call bullshit for what it is when dealing with the Fords. Speaking of which...

People trying to suggest Tim Hortons is in some kind of cahoots or conspiracy sound as ridiculous as Doug accusing everyone of being in the lefty elitist latte sipping conspiracy. It just doesn't make any sense.

See, this is how Slob and Thug repeatedly "win." Of course it's all so much childish nonsense. This whole stupid, episode is every bit as farcical as it is sleazy, so naturally most of our "leaders" - the people who we should expect to stand up to the Fords automatically as a given - stick their noses in the air as usual and piously wash their hands of it all, declaring themselves to be "the grown ups." Which really means that they don't have the stomach for a political fight with a couple of vicious street brawlers like Dofo and his imbecile brother.

I never said they couldn't. I offered my opinion.

And there certainly are people alluding the idea that Tim's did this for some nefarious or conspiratorial reason, both in this forum and elsewhere on the web.

No conspiracies. There are plenty of reasons for Tim's to want to avoid this. So they tried. They just went about it in a Doug-Fisted Fashion. It shows.

No conspiracies. There are plenty of reasons for Tim's to want to avoid this. So they tried. They just went about it in a Doug-Fisted Fashion. It shows.

But this isn't even "Tim's" so much as it is the owner of this particular location, right? There's nothing especially conspiratorial about one small business owner's ham-handed attempt to avoid an unwanted controversy. Either he's a supporter of the Fords and was persuaded to help them out, or he just wanted to dodge a unwelcome mess of a situation that involved a notoriously nasty political family that any thinking person would prefer to avoid like the plague. Never mind finding yourself on their shit list. As we have seen, the Fords are perfectly willing to punish those they perceive to be fucking with them.

I could see it going either way: If it's the latter, I can't blame the guy for not sticking his neck out. Almost nobody in a position of genuine political power has been willing to stand up to the Fords; why should he? If it's the former, it wouldn't surprise me. I've worked for small businessmen in my time, as have most of the people I know, and to a man, these characters have tended to naturally equate their priorities with those of the Donald Trumps and other Big Money Boyz of the world, no matter how small time they actually are in real-life terms. It's mostly to do with ego. This specific breed of jackass tends to be right wing if not out-and-out reactionary as a given, and I'm fully confident every one of them that I worked for is still an unabashed supporter of Slob & Thug.

I wonder if there is more than one camera at Tim's? And why is nobody talking to the other employee who also said she saw Rob?

As far as him changing into clothes at Tim's goes, the night he went to the Jays' game, he was wearing a Jays' jersey. He went to City Hall where a sitter saw him walk in wearing a Jays' jersey with whatever number on the back, then leave wearing a Leafs' jersey with a different number. So it's not like he hasn't done that before. This time around, he couldn't go to city hall to change so he used a Timmie's.

But this isn't even "Tim's" so much as it is the owner of this particular location, right?

Would that it were. Not disputing the bulk of your post. Which is, IMO, correct. Just addressing "The Small Business Owner." top quote. That flimsy veil falls when corporate intervenes. Maybe for franchisee protection. Maybe for brand protection. Maybe something else. Who knows? It's ambiguous, isn't it? So, nice work on the clear PR response, Ms. Robichaud!

Last edited:
Screen%20Shot%202014-05-08%20at%2010.20.11%20AM.png

Speaking of wasting time ... Jude MacDonald needs to stop being in the middle of so much silly drama.

Hyper-partisan and ultra-divisive ... people like her is precisely why I'm no longer on Twitter.

Does she not have better things to do with her time than to needlessly argue with people? Apparently not.

It happens far too often to her for me to believe she's never at fault.

Last edited:
Speaking of wasting time ... Jude MacDonald needs to stop being in the centre of so much stupid drama.

Hyper-partisan and ultra-divisive ... people like her is precisely why I'm no longer on Twitter.

Does she not have better things to do with her time than to needlessly argue with people? Apparently not.
It happens far too often to her for me to believe she's never at fault.

You aren't going to find a very sympathetic ear here. But thank you for leaving Twitter.

Her and Morgan give me hope for the future.

My daughter knows Cayla well. She says Cayla is one of the brightest gals in her class and had no desire to be in this spotlight. All of her friends are quite upset that Doug has challenged her on this. Seems to be a new low for Doug, basically calling a 16 year old a liar, whether Rob is in rehab or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back