636     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 575     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 716     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sleaziness, may I ask? While I don't live in the Junction, I spend a huge amount of time there every week, so I'm very familiar with the area and I'm curious about any such information you'd have about the shops around there.

stuff like who sells single/native cigarettes, beer etc

Sorry, Timmy Ho, Robichaud et. al, but there are some holes that need fillin'. Was the video stamp time approx. 8:45? Were there T-Shirts being handed out? Why has no one else confirmed the 'Doug' sighting, T-Shirts n'all (Surely Tim's TFWs have been cowed into silence by now)? Doug was, after all, in council by 9:45 with a pre-meet before, no? Handing out T-Shirts at the time the young woman saw 'him' would surely have been noted, no? What about the "suit/sweats" change? Odd detail for a teenage fabulist to concoct or omit.

Really, Tim's should have just given the corporate "We don't comment on security footage in matters such as these" and STFU. Because the sleuthing's not going to go away. And if it turns up anything that remotely counters the Ford-speak Ms. Robichaud is corroborating, that will be a) worse for the chain as a whole than radio silence, b) demonstrate that D. Ford is not above smearing a teenage girl and c) the whole damn frenzy will start again dragging Our National Coffee Icon® into it. Not saying Tim's is B.S.ing here, but if they are the consequences are not good.

Last edited:
Plus, there's always the possibility that the Tim Horton's was a rendezvous place for Rob to meet Doug. Perhaps both of them were there -- Rob to pick up his swaet suit for the rehab stint and Doug covering by handing out a few magnets and t shirts. Tim Horton's may have thought it OK to back up Doug's story, at his request, but not release videotape showing Rob, a customer who did not want his privacy compromised.

WAIT! So it was Doug Ford who was busy (allegedly) checking out a schoolgirl?

That is pretty creepy!

Considering she didn't even know who was looking at her I think it's entirely reasonable to assume she may have also misconstrued a glance as well.

The whole Tim Hortons sighting seems like all of us caught in a feeding frenzy. Rob is in treatment now, whether or not he was or wasn't right away. To me that's inconsequential. Whether he's taking it seriously is, however. As is my interest in the ongoing Brazen 2 investigation. All the rest is just noise.

This debate is kind of maddening. Again and again, the Fords somehow set the terms, so that now if Rob is ACTUALLY in rehab, it's some kind of a PR win for him.

Maybe.

You still should go back and read forward; I think that you will find some of what you have missed interesting or amusing or sometimes both.

Will do. I've been on deadlines the past few days, so my reading has been fairly cursory.

ETA. Just saw the links to the Tim's story re the sighting. Y'all can ignore my earlier thoughts.

Last edited:
I have no truck with the Fords, but in this case:

(1) What would be in it for the Tim Hortons spox to lie by saying it is Doug when it is Rob?

(2) The footage almost certainly could not be broadcast without it showing other people as well - who might complain, and who needs that risk if you are Tim Hortons?

The Star can try to say that Tim Hortons (not the Fords) have refused to allow the public to see the recording so that they can see that Rob was not there also, but, so far as one can see from here, the Tim Hortons spox is probably a 'normal' person (not a weasly Ford) so that when he says it was Doug and not Rob it is entirely reasonable to uderstand that to mean that there was one Ford in the place and it was Doug.

1) The Fords have something on whoever it is who owns Tim Horton's? They're big donors to the Fords? Doug threatened them somehow?

2) They could blur/obscure other people in the video or just release a cropped screen grab, right?

The spox herself hasn't seen the video, so how does she know? Are employees being coerced into saying Doug's on the video?

Why is Doug now asking everyone to accept his version of the 'truth' about a video that we are not allowed to see or which may not exist?

And if really was Doug, what really happened with the clothes?

What did he order?

Can he produce a receipt?

I see. Well there are a number of sketchy looking establishments sprinkled among the cool ones.

yeah, it's pretty teenaged stuff...and confined to guys on bikes (native smokes), donut shops and convenience stores, although there was a place in Parkdale where the owner sold weed out of his medical stash (much like the guy at Richview Cleaners). Nothing in the Junction (although I would hope my kids wouldn't be able to name all the dealers in the area LOL). There are quite a few trap houses in/around Maria and I'm pretty sure there's one close to St. John's and Runnymed. Those are easy to pick out if you walk the 'hood often. Having teens has really been a scary eye-opener, let me tell you (although a friend of mine just told me they used to score off-label liquor at Pizza Gigi 30 years ago - guess I'm naive having grown up in the sticks).

I'm really not buying this whole Timmy's thing...surely people would remember Doug passing out stuff and if there were pictures they would turn up. It's a small Timmy's that was formerly a dump so I can't even see it being on Doug' radar,

Last edited:
"Keep my taxes low and you can treat me like a hoe."
https://twitter.com/WesLilHate/status/464554659110465537
View attachment 26048

"Believe what you want. And if Doug really did take a bunch of selfies with people then tell him to put his money where his mouth is."
https://twitter.com/caylaclarkson

[cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 6m
Now, I’m finished with all of this and this is the last I have to say about this whole scandal. I’m not here to prove to you what I saw.

cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 6m
The employee there confirmed that she took the mayor’s order, that she SAW HIM.

cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 7m
This wouldn’t be the first time that the Ford family has paid off someone for not exposing a video because THEY ARE LYING.

Apparently Tim Horton’s has confirmed it was Doug but how convenient is it for them that they won’t release the footage?

I didn’t realize it was going to turn into such a huge debate that I’d have to swear on a bible repeatedly.

I’m saying this for the last time. I saw Rob Ford. Not Doug, ROB. I wouldn’t have gotten anything out of it if I lied

cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 8m
OK guys. It’s come to my attention that the media is still trying to make it seem like I made everything up.

BREAKING NEWS: the Ford's have already paid people to not expose videos to keep appearances. Suddenly honest now? stay tuned.

cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 32m
@2Gainzz it's not my job to prove to you what I saw. If you want to believe the crack heads be my guest[/QUOTE]

I love this girl, and she's only 16 - look out world!

"Keep my taxes low and you can treat me like a hoe."
https://twitter.com/WesLilHate/status/464554659110465537
View attachment 26048

"Believe what you want. And if Doug really did take a bunch of selfies with people then tell him to put his money where his mouth is."
https://twitter.com/caylaclarkson

[cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 6m
Now, I’m finished with all of this and this is the last I have to say about this whole scandal. I’m not here to prove to you what I saw.

cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 6m
The employee there confirmed that she took the mayor’s order, that she SAW HIM.

This wouldn’t be the first time that the Ford family has paid off someone for not exposing a video because THEY ARE LYING.

Apparently Tim Horton’s has confirmed it was Doug but how convenient is it for them that they won’t release the footage?

I didn’t realize it was going to turn into such a huge debate that I’d have to swear on a bible repeatedly.

I’m saying this for the last time. I saw Rob Ford. Not Doug, ROB. I wouldn’t have gotten anything out of it if I lied

cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 8m
OK guys. It’s come to my attention that the media is still trying to make it seem like I made everything up.

BREAKING NEWS: the Ford's have already paid people to not expose videos to keep appearances. Suddenly honest now? stay tuned.

cayla ‏@caylaclarkson · 32m
@2Gainzz it's not my job to prove to you what I saw. If you want to believe the crack heads be my guest[/QUOTE]

I love this girl, and she's only 16 - look out world!

Good for her; she had nothing to gain from this and to have the Fords possibly intimidate people (i.e. TH staffers) over a effing donut shop video? Disgusting.

People trying to suggest Tim Hortons is in some kind of cahoots or conspiracy sound as ridiculous as Doug accusing everyone of being in the lefty elitist latte sipping conspiracy. It just doesn't make any sense.

Not saying Doug made sense yesterday. Not saying the teen girl isn't genuine. Just thinking it's time to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back