638     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 576     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 716     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hate Rob and Doug Ford SO much that you wish they were dead?

That is truly awful/bizarre/disgusting.

Fuck, here we go again! hahaa

No, but your reading comprehension could use a rebirth.

Please go re-read what I quoted. Please notice the quotation marks in my part of the writing. Please learn to comprehend written word. Thank you.

We care to know where he is because we're paying him a salary to do a job and all he's doing is fucking about on "medical leave".
I'd lose my job. You'd lose your job. He should lose his job.

(I was going to add something about the catharsis of Mussollini's demise, but I'd rather not)

So many people have lied for the Fords and the Fords have lied so often that I personally have no idea who to believe anymore. As I have said repeatedly on this thread, the Fords aren't normal, average people with normal, average lives. Nothing that has happened so far has been logical or what we would expect. We have a right to be jaded and cynical and demand proof.

We care to know where he is because we're paying him a salary to do a job and all he's doing is fucking about on "medical leave".
I'd lose my job. You'd lose your job. He should lose his job.

(I was going to add something about the catharsis of Mussollini's demise, but I'd rather not)

Patience.

Whether it's Chow, Tory or someone else, Ford's days as Mayor of the City of Toronto are thankfully numbered.

Patience.

Whether it's Chow, Tory or someone else, Ford's days as Mayor of the City of Toronto are thankfully numbered.

I am being patient....and also going to Europe for the summer so as to avoid the Fordian cloud. Apparently, at this point, I'd prefer the Putinian cloud.

So many people have lied for the Fords and the Fords have lied so often that I personally have no idea who to believe anymore. As I have said repeatedly on this thread, the Fords aren't normal, average people with normal, average lives. Nothing that has happened so far has been logical or what we would expect. We have a right to be jaded and cynical and demand proof.

More than a right. Just when you think we've reached peak bullshit in this anti-Camelot, the mendacity gets truly tangled. It's like a Virginia Creeper. Looks nice at the start and then you realize what the fck it's doing. You have to get to the root, lest it choke everything you really want to grow.

As for the person suggesting y'all just take a corporation's 'word' for it, welcome aboard Doug!

No, I'm not.

I did, however, vote for Rob Ford ... which means I'm probably a thousand times more disappointed in his disgusting behaviour that you are.

I'd really like to know why/how you voted for Ford? At the time of his initial running for mayor he already had a record of incompetence, trouble with the truth, base brutishness and a, basically, batcrap insane platform - what exacxtly got your vote? was it an anti-vote (anti Smitherman)?
I'm actually interested.

Rob Ford Event in Washington DC

The Rob Ford Phenomenon: What’s going on in Toronto?
May 16, 2014 // 10:00am — 11:00am

Canadians and Americans look at the Rob Ford saga with a mix of amusement, curiosity, and horror. How did Ford become mayor of a sophisticated and progressive city like Toronto in the first place? And why does he continue to keep the support of a significant portion of the voting public?

Please join the Wilson Center’s Canada Institute and Public Policy Scholar Dr. Anne Golden to discuss the unique circumstances that brought about the political rise of Rob Ford and explain his ongoing appeal.

I'd really like to know why/how you voted for Ford? At the time of his initial running for mayor he already had a record of incompetence, trouble with the truth, base brutishness and a, basically, batcrap insane platform - what exacxtly got your vote? was it an anti-vote (anti Smitherman)?
I'm actually interested.
Don't forget it was well known that he had been charged with assaulting his wife.

Don't forget it was well known that he had been charged with assaulting his wife.

He also got into an argument with a couple at a Leafs game in which he essentially threatened the wife with rape, lied about even being at the game and then admitted to all of it (blaming it on alcohol, sound familiar?). Oh, and he also had already lied about having a DUI and marijuana possession in Florida. I would have to say that the people who voted for Ford already had a pretty low bar.

Canadians and Americans look at the Rob Ford saga with a mix of amusement, curiosity, and horror. How did Ford become mayor of a sophisticated and progressive city like Toronto in the first place?

There's nothing complicated about this. A good portion of the electorate and the people who they elect are simply neither sophisticated or progressive. Toronto had a moment during the 60's/70's where the stars were aligned and that's long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back