639     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 576     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 716     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Hortons says security video shows Doug Ford, not mayor, at Junction location
Company says they've "confirmed" Doug Ford was at the restaurant on Tuesday, while the mayor is in rehab, but refused to release images to prove it
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...doug_ford_not_mayor_at_junction_location.html

Well, no one should lose his or her capacity to be surprised!

Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 5.27.49 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 5.27.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 5.27.49 PM.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 933
right... 'cause when the fords don't let us see security footage, they turn out to be telling the truth.

I have no truck with the Fords, but in this case:

(1) What would be in it for the Tim Hortons spox to lie by saying it is Doug when it is Rob?

(2) The footage almost certainly could not be broadcast without it showing other people as well - who might complain, and who needs that risk if you are Tim Hortons?

The Star can try to say that Tim Hortons (not the Fords) have refused to allow the public to see the recording so that they can see that Rob was not there also, but, so far as one can see from here, the Tim Hortons spox is probably a 'normal' person (not a weasly Ford) so that when he says it was Doug and not Rob it is entirely reasonable to uderstand that to mean that there was one Ford in the place and it was Doug.

I have no truck with the Fords, but in this case:

(1) What would be in it for the Tim Hortons spox to lie by saying it is Doug when it is Rob?

(2) The footage almost certainly could not be broadcast without it showing other people as well - who might complain, and who needs that risk if you are Tim Hortons?

The Star can try to say that Tim Hortons (not the Fords) have refused to allow the public to see the recording so that they can see that Rob was not there also, but, so far as one can see from here, the Tim Hortons spox is probably a 'normal' person (not a weasly Ford) so that when he says it was Doug and not Rob it is entirely reasonable to uderstand that to mean that there was one Ford in the place and it was Doug.

City council will vote to ban all other coffee and donuts from the GTA

For Casita, the Bakers Dozen folks relocated themselves to Galaxy at Keele/Dundas (according to my teens, who also have a lot to say about the sleaziness of local businesses). It's been a wonderful improvement for Malta Park (where my 4 y/o likes to play).

What sleaziness, may I ask? While I don't live in the Junction, I spend a huge amount of time there every week, so I'm very familiar with the area and I'm curious about any such information you'd have about the shops around there.

City council will vote to ban all other coffee and donuts from the GTA

Especially in non-recyclable take-out cups. Council voted 26 to 1 - the 1 was Doug, of course ("I can't stand the government telling people what to do!") - to study possibly banning non-recyclable take-out cups.

Last edited:
Someone here a few hours ago (astutely) observed that Tim Horton's would not wish to get involved politically by releasing the tapes, but I'm thinking now that it's only political if it counters what a politicians is saying. There's nothing controversial about saying "yes, we can confirm councillor ford's account, it was him in the store".

Tim Hortons is a franchise and I'm pretty sure the owner is 1) a bu$$in3$$ man ;) and 2) knows his customers are probably pro Ford... connect the dots. Video has been deleted for sure. Probably at least got $5k and a used car for that video.

Re: T Ho's

Don't forget the whole drive-thru issue either.

I find it odd that corporate would talk about the video at all. Fishy.

AoD

They're probably tired of the media inquiries and random people asking about it. They probably spoke up because it was starting to affect business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back