279     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 490     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 609     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bigger football fan than a hockey fan, but yea, he likely would have heard the stories. The difficulty is how old is that picture, it may pre-date many of the antics. Also Kane would be a worthy sweater since the Cup winning overtime goal in the '10 Stanley Cup (all that season really, hey, they did get the Cup). Interesting connection, but I'd lean more toward coincidence.

February 2013 - Hawks vs Sharks

It may be that Lisi wasn't part of it. I still think Doug put Kathy there, to force Rob's hand (and really who can say with any certainty that they understand the twisted dynamics at play in this clan?). My firm belief is that there is no way Rob Ford is willingly going into rehab. He was forced into it.

I don't think Sandro or Kathy were in on any kind of plot. Nor am I convinced Doug went to Chicago specifically to scout rehab facilities I mean, 10 days? Really? That said, I do believe that rehab is/was part of a campaign strategy. And Doug may have scouted some options on his trip (in addition to other biz) especially if word that Rob has been overindulging for a number of weeks is true. My guess is that Rob saw the writing on the wall and drove his own bus over the cliff with a weekend of partying. Sort of like a farewell tour. Kathy and Sandro were just passengers. It reminds of what he did when he confessed to crack use in the first place. He was being impulsive and acting alone.

While other media continues to obsess over drugs I say good on the Star for moving on. Corruption and cronyism is more likely to kill the political viability of both Rob and Doug. The drug scandal primarily impacts Rob leaving Doug with free reign to swoop in and give Ford Nation their Ford gravy train saviour.

Go Star!

Of course the Star says this...

Nothing against the Star, and I've had to refresh my cache for their site more than any others, but this higher ground bs is solely based on the fact that they didn't have the opportunity to break the other stories first.

He comes off as a politician saying that I think.

I think that it's very difficult for many of us here, when trying to discern Rob's motives or strategies, to keep in mind just how stupid he is. It was shocking when council footage showed him utterly failing to comprehend what a LRT was. Early this morning, the old reporting on the conflict of interest case by The Grid's Edward Keenan forcefully bought this home to me.

Couldn't agree more. I guess that's why he's such a fruitful subject for speculation.

I don't think Sandro or Kathy were in on any kind of plot. Nor am I convinced Doug went to Chicago specifically to scout rehab facilities I mean, 10 days? Really? That said, I do believe that rehab is/was part of a campaign strategy. And Doug may have scouted some options on his trip (in addition to other biz) especially if word that Rob has been overindulging for a number of weeks is true. My guess is that Rob saw the writing on the wall and drove his own bus over the cliff with a weekend of partying. Sort of like a farewell tour. Kathy and Sandro were just passengers. It reminds of what he did when he confessed to crack use in the first place. He was being impulsive and acting alone.

This version rings most true to me.

It was a poor comparison ( RoFo and Barry. )

There are definite similarities in some ways! I just wanted to point out how ridiculous it was to suggest that Kathy's home being searched would further the TPS case. If they were going to arrest him based on a video, they could have done that months ago. I'm no legal expert, but I don't think they can.

It may be that Lisi wasn't part of it. I still think Doug put Kathy there, to force Rob's hand (and really who can say with any certainty that they understand the twisted dynamics at play in this clan?). My firm belief is that there is no way Rob Ford is willingly going into rehab. He was forced into it.

Remember that Doug's never met Lisi.

weird sched. there, Friday Feb 15th they beat the Sharks 4-1,0 exactly a week later they played again with the Hawks winning 2-1.
The crack vid was shot Feb 17th

It must have been the second game, on the 22.
What did they do with Jim?

Way to put the dots together! Jim was probably given the same treatment as di Giorgio. And why is Doug in a suit at a hockey game?

Also, the schedule does have issues like that all the time. It's not unusual.

Last edited:
I scrrencapped one of those tweets about his "belief" you need to leave a trail of evidence to remove vestigages of drug use from a home. Like he thinks C.S.I. carpet and paint samples will prove crack smoking by Rob in court. And I've made an effort to avoid weighing in on MM in this thread.

MM is rapidly becoming like that third season of Homeland. You want it to be good because it was so great in the past, but deep down you know it should have packed things in and left on a high long ago.

No, sorry. Nobody with his racist, homophobic, sexist attitudes should be coaching anything.

What you said. (slow clap)

He might be very surprised at the backlash should he try to coach again. What parent would want this man in any position to influence their school age kid?

He can blame nobody but himself for his tarnished reputation and diminished future choices.

He never predicted it or was confident. He just said that if a warrant were to be executed, it would take 48 hours to get.

He said "it will happen within" not "it would require approximately" (see below). I understand the allegiance to Metroman as he was a source of much good information here in the early days of this (now almost year old) scandal. But his sources are gone, his predictions rarely amount to anything anymore and his rhetoric is over-the-top.

Metroman: "If a warrant is going to be executed, it will happen within the next 48hrs. Watch Momma Ford's and Kathy's homes for signs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back