Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
frodfest.jpg

Attachments

• frodfest.jpg
    frodfest.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 735
You know its a doozy when a Ford cautions a journalist about what to print. A denial like that is practically an admission.

That's a very astute observation, one that is on point.

Donovan also predicts at the end of the interview Ford coming back and relapsing.

The drug scandal primarily impacts Rob leaving Doug with free reign to swoop in and give Ford Nation their Ford gravy train saviour.

Like a Knight in White Satin Armour.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.

With profound apologies to Lieutenant Colonel John Alexander McCrae, MD.

Last edited:
Could Musik go back after the fact and produce receipts etc to make it look like everything was on the up and up?
If they use digital p.o.s. terminals - as most modern businesses do, it wouldn't be easy. We aren't living in the paper receipt days any more and those systems have back-up which of course could not so easily deleted.

I doubt Musik just gave all that food and booze to Ford without somehow trying to write it off as a business expense.

Metroman seemed pretty confident two days ago in his prediction that if a warrant didn't happen within 48 hours is wasn't going to happen. Are we to assume that it is now never going to happen?

He never predicted it or was confident. He just said that if a warrant were to be executed, it would take 48 hours to get.

Donovan also predicts at the end of the interview Ford coming back and relapsing.
From what I know of addictions a relapse (or relapses) is the most common outcome and after a short treatment and/or multiple addictions it is a virtual certainty. If he and his family were REALLY keen on him getting cleaned up he would spend several months in treatment, move to a new City or at least neighbourhood and no longer associate with his former "friends" (of course that would INCLUDE his family). Ain't going to happen - so the only question is how long it will take for another 'drunken stupor'.

I think this was all planned but the video forced their hand.

Another good theory, but the hole is that the audio was not necessary to release after the video, was it? Why cause more damage?

I have listened to that audio and I don't get Doug in there at all.

Old picture so don't get excited:

View attachment 25627

How funny is it that while to most Canadian hockey fans, Jonathan Toews is the guy whose jersey you'd want, yet he picks Patrick Kane's. Kane is a party animal who got in legal trouble a few years ago for abusing a cabbie.

True to your name EagleEye.

Some folks love to leave little clues about themselves like that. Not being familiar with hockey, is that a well known enough story for someone like Ford (who doesn't read newspapers) to know before deciding upon that shirt?

If they use digital p.o.s. terminals - as most modern businesses do, it wouldn't be easy. We aren't living in the paper receipt days any more and those systems have back-up which of course could not so easily deleted.

I doubt Musik just gave all that food and booze to Ford without somehow trying to write it off as a business expense.

it took me a while to figure out that "p.o.s." stood for point of sale. I was initially thinking "That seems a little harsh."

That makes Doug look like someone who actually cares about his brother's well-being, as well as someone smart enough to orchestrate a scenario air-tight enough to force him into rehab. I don't buy either.

Not to mention that if you were going to set up your own kin, you wouldn't do it so that it caused a huge family rift. Why not just hide a camera in the basement and make sure Robbie boy gets a visit from his dealer?

Admittedly, the videos are weird and raise questions but sometimes the simple answer is the right one.

Rob and Kathy tend to trust people who should not be trusted, and are drunk/high with lowered inhibitions in the company of their dealer buddy. His taking their photo or filming with his "broken" phone does not raise any red flags for this dense pair. Have you ever talked to an addict about their dealer "friends" before? They're all good buddies, solid stand-up guys who would "step in front of a bus for ya."

Addicts don't make good decisions. They make repeated bad decisions until they reach rock bottom. Nearly everyone here thinks Rob is of low intelligence, easily swayed by his brother, his family and his friends. He repeats the same mistakes and stubbornly refuses to change.

Is it just possible he's stupid?

He never predicted it or was confident. He just said that if a warrant were to be executed, it would take 48 hours to get.

It was with a series of tweets though, that included this one:

https://twitter.com/MetroManTO/status/462037895457435648

which to someone who isn't familiar with him (i.e. everyone who isn't in this thread) could be taken to imply that he has some sort of insider knowledge.

TPS have absolutely no reason to search Kathy Ford's house based on that video to get further evidence on Ford. They know he was there. Based on news reports of the video, they know he probably smoked crack there recently. What would a search of the premises do for them? Nothing. And MM's smart enough to know that. Part of me thinks he's just trolling, at this point. It's sad, really.

I like this theory, but the hole is that I can't imagine Doug putting Kathy and Lisi into the video/story.

Didnt hotmail lawyer say that Rob was going to inpatient drug treatment?

It may be that Lisi wasn't part of it. I still think Doug put Kathy there, to force Rob's hand (and really who can say with any certainty that they understand the twisted dynamics at play in this clan?). My firm belief is that there is no way Rob Ford is willingly going into rehab. He was forced into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back