415     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 516     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 642     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
TPS have absolutely no reason to search Kathy Ford's house based on that video to get further evidence on Ford. They know he was there. Based on news reports of the video, they know he probably smoked crack there recently. What would a search of the premises do for them? Nothing. And MM's smart enough to know that. Part of me thinks he's just trolling, at this point. It's sad, really.

Agreed. People need to get over the idea that the police would EVER arrest or try to arrest a sitting mayor for simply USING drugs. It'll never happen.

Is it just possible he's stupid?

I think that it's very difficult for many of us here, when trying to discern Rob's motives or strategies, to keep in mind just how stupid he is. It was shocking when council footage showed him utterly failing to comprehend what a LRT was. Early this morning, the old reporting on the conflict of interest case by The Grid's Edward Keenan forcefully bought this home to me.

Pearson Mayors.jpg

Fixed it for ya.

Attachments

• Pearson Mayors.jpg
    Pearson Mayors.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 751
.. And MM's smart enough to know that. Part of me thinks he's just trolling, at this point. It's sad, really.

I scrrencapped one of those tweets about his "belief" you need to leave a trail of evidence to remove vestigages of drug use from a home. Like he thinks C.S.I. carpet and paint samples will prove crack smoking by Rob in court. And I've made an effort to avoid weighing in on MM in this thread.

I think that it's very difficult for many of us here, when trying to discern Rob's motives or strategies, to keep in mind just how stupid he is. It was shocking when council footage showed him utterly failing to comprehend what a LRT was.

Funny you say that... I had kind of convinced myself that Rob truly understood the truth about the pride flag bru-haha. That he knew perfectly well that it wasn't "replacing" the Canadian flag and he was spewing fake outrage in order to galvanize and fire up his base. Morally objectionable for sure but very clever politics.

But then you hear the recent audio recording of his bar rant and you realize that no... he was ACTUALLY very angry about that situation because he didn't understand what was happening. Let's face it... the man is an imbecile and very likely has an intellectual disability.

True to your name EagleEye.

Some folks love to leave little clues about themselves like that. Not being familiar with hockey, is that a well known enough story for someone like Ford (who doesn't read newspapers) to know before deciding upon that shirt?

He's a bigger football fan than a hockey fan, but yea, he likely would have heard the stories. The difficulty is how old is that picture, it may pre-date many of the antics. Also Kane would be a worthy sweater since the Cup winning overtime goal in the '10 Stanley Cup (all that season really, hey, they did get the Cup). Interesting connection, but I'd lean more toward coincidence.

True to your name EagleEye.

Some folks love to leave little clues about themselves like that. Not being familiar with hockey, is that a well known enough story for someone like Ford (who doesn't read newspapers) to know before deciding upon that shirt?

Oh yeah! This story was huge when it happened a few years ago. Kane is always being photographed in bars etc., blitzed out of his mind. Great offensive player but I bet he doesn't remember the Stanley Cup parade in 2010 because he was drinking so much.

View attachment 25631

They got Marion Barry ( Washington, D.C. ).

And, the voters re-elected him!

Yeah.. That was a long time ago though. Maybe it's just my perception but these days people tend to be a little more flexible about how they view the simple usage of illegal narcotics. Personally, as much much as I despise Rob Ford I wouldn't actually support the idea of charges against him for smoking crack (even though I think it makes him unfit to be mayor).

I scrrencapped one of those tweets about his "belief" you need to leave a trail of evidence to remove vestigages of drug use from a home. Like he thinks C.S.I. carpet and paint samples will prove crack smoking by Rob in court. And I've made an effort to avoid weighing in on MM in this thread.

I've literally had this thread open in a tab and have read every word since the day after the first crack video was reported. I guess it just boggles my mind to see him go from a credible source to this. A case of internet fame going to one's head, I suppose.

They got Marion Barry ( Washington, D.C. ).

And, the voters re-elected him!

They didn't just get him on use. The caught him in the act as part of a sting operation, and he was in possession of it.

He's a bigger football fan than a hockey fan, but yea, he likely would have heard the stories. The difficulty is how old is that picture, it may pre-date many of the antics. Also Kane would be a worthy sweater since the Cup winning overtime goal in the '10 Stanley Cup (all that season really, hey, they did get the Cup). Interesting connection, but I'd lean more toward coincidence.

I was a Flyer fan then and try not to remember the cup winning goal! I agree that his sweater would be worthy but it just seems funny that he'd go with the sweater of the party boy over Toews, aka Captain Serious, who also was the best player in the 2010 Olympics.

Photo seems to be from November 26/2013. Can it be? Did he go to Chicago after all hell broke loose?

Edit: Nope. Last home game before November 26 was on the 17th.

EditEdit: http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/23935602-452/sneed-torontos-ford-tops-even-chicagos-political-high-jinks.html#.U2U7wqIf0UU Game was either on February 15th or 22nd/2013

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back