4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way RoFo will be out of the race is if he dies. Even if he is charged, he would still run. Even if he is jail, he would still run.
The pressure needs to pick up on him and stay up.

I think a lot of his "public support" is from 905'ers so his base is probably more eroded than people think...

Adam Vaughan on the debate, Ford's lies, and Ford's chances:

[video]http://www.thestar.com/news/home_video.html?bcpid=2071349544001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAuO4KaJE~,gatFNwSKdGD_6XSLpPpcRC-er7rp4aSJ&bclid=1212964065001&bctid=3399507464001[/video]

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rofo has been far, far luckier than he's deserved with the people "opposing" him, as last night's pathetic excuse for a debate so amptly proves. He should have been relentlessly horse-whipped, but not one of the other candidates had the stomach to take it down to that level. And they're going to have to if he's to be stopped. You can't come out on top over his kind of open and unashamed thug with sweet reason, spouting bureaucrat-ese, or sticking your nose in the air and acting as if you're above such common, low-born vulgarities as, oh, fighting back. (Gasp! What would Miss Manners say?) Schoolyard bully types like the Ford brothers only understand pushback. Seriously, can this really be such a newsflash to the others who were up on that stage last night at this point in the proceedings?
?

Further to this, I think inspiring an emotional reaction in him will be the only thing to knock him off message. He needs to be insulted and denigrated relentlessly until he gets flustered and reacts. Calling him "a poor role model" is not the way to do it.

This was one of the questions during the chat with Robyn D from 1-2pm.

27 minutes ago
How many times have police been called to the Ford house for domestic issues?

Robyn Doolittle
The Star has reported there have been more than two dozen.

More needs to be made of this somehow, in a 'delicate' way.

Hardly conjures an "Ozzie and Harriet" image of domestic bliss?

Wait. What? So now if you withdraw money from savings to cover an expense that you couldn't (or didn't) cover with revenue that's considered an "efficiency"? That makes my head hurt.

Sure, makes total sense!
Pay for a car with your chequing account, it's an expense.
Use your nest egg savings, and it's an efficiency.
Sweet!

This was one of the questions during the chat with Robyn D from 1-2pm.

27 minutes ago
How many times have police been called to the Ford house for domestic issues?

Robyn Doolittle
The Star has reported there have been more than two dozen.

More needs to be made of this somehow, in a 'delicate' way.

Why the heck isn't this out there more, why didn't Kimmel ask him that, why doesn't Chow or Tory ask him that.. That folks is crazy!!

More than TWO DOZEN police calls to the house?!?!

This makes me sick to my stomach.

Yes. I really don't understand how that can be brushed off as "personal" when it so clearly suggests that someone in that household is afraid. Conflict in any marriage may be normal, but that is not normal.

More than TWO DOZEN police calls to the house?!?!

This makes me sick to my stomach.

I've read that Rob and Renata frequently call 9-1-1 to stick it to each other (which, of course, suggests irresponsibility of the highest order in addition to a kind of disfunction that's hard to imagine).

A couple of weeks ago I heard it would be fairly soon after March break. No guarantee though. I hear extortion and maybe other stuff later but my source likes to keep the biggest bombshells a secret so maybe something else coming. I've heard lots of clues regarding Smith as well as trafficking. If other stuff is coming cops have either hidden the evidence and/ or come up with a compromise with a reporter or two to hold off on things.
Makes sense. I think MetroMan just got a little too excited about how imminent it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back